NCAA 10

bstan80

Anyone else really getting into dynasty mode? I decided to take on UNLV. I like using a smaller school and building them up to take jobs at a bigger school. I had a pretty cazy game against Hawaii early in my first season. I set the NCAA record for an interception return as well as had a 46 yard run that involved at least 9 broken tackles, walking the tight rope by not going out of bounds, and juking the safety at the eight yard line to score. I wish the recruiting was easier to figure out but it seems to be alright.

• Like 1

I like that they've made the recruiting more difficult for this year. Last year, I was in an online dynasty as Baylor, and after just one season I was able to sign a five-star linebacker and running back, on top of several other four-star players.

As for me, I've started three different dynasties as it takes me a while to find a team that I like enough to build on, but aren't already good enough that it makes my job easy. UNLV is an interesting choice, maybe I'll go with them or Rice, or something.

I like that they've made the recruiting more difficult for this year. Last year, I was in an online dynasty as Baylor, and after just one season I was able to sign a five-star linebacker and running back, on top of several other four-star players.

Check out that Griffin kid they've got at QB ....

I love the fact that you can change around the conferences.

I've pretty much re-created the old SWC and I'm taking on the challenge of turning SMU back into the mid 80's powerhouse that featured the perfectly legally recruited [ :shifty: ] Dickerson/James backfield. It's a long road ahead.

I think I need to change my difficulty or the sliders or something. Running has gotten way to easy and now the games aren't fun to play because I can score at will.

I agree with the conference customization. I still think it's neat that in dynasty mode you can accept offers to leave your conference and join another. The NCAA games have always had a pretty fun dynasty mode. I did one back probably around 2005 where I took UCF and built them up until I was offered a job with Penn State. It was pretty cool to build the team up and make it competitive though it was funny to see them still have such a tiny stadium. It'd be cool if your stadium changed if you started really winning bowl games and conference championships over the years.

• 1 month later...

Alright fellas, due to the sucess of the Madden online franchise, I'm going to start an EWB online dynasty. Anybody in? To make things fair, I say we don't take any teams over three stars in prestige? If any of you are interested, put your team and gamertag in here and I'll send you an invite tonight when I get home from work.

I'm interested, but I'll have to get NCAA first (working on winning an auction today) and I propose this scenario:

Take teams 1 or 2 stars, and spread ourselves out so everyone isn't in the same f'n conference. It makes it more exciting if we meet one another in bowl games and the like. Also, it makes it better when we either build a program or get better job offers to move up where we then might end up against someone. I find all-conference leagues to be stupid, I much prefer to spread everyone out and work our way to bigger programs and the like.

Meacon, agree? disagree? Below I also list my dream job which means if I am ever offered it, I will probably take it... :shifty:

Team Choice: Florida International (Sun Belt)

Dream Job: Florida State (ACC)

I'm up for this, it'll give me a reason to pull out NCAA 10 again. Let me take a look over the teams we'd be using and I'll let you know more specifics.

• Like 1

Found this online:

i looked through the teams, and there are more teams than i thought that qualify under the 1 or 2 star criterion.

I counted 44 teams.

Therefore, i am going to expand the "No Baylor" rule and make it "No teams starting out with a C or better overall grade" - only teams that begin as a C- or worse.

That excludes ten teams: Baylor (B-), Central Michigan ©, Houston (B), Kent State ©, Louisiana Tech ©, Memphis ©, Nevada ©, San Diego State ©, Temple ©, and Vanderbilt (B-)

But it leaves 34 teams open to be selected from:

Air Force

Akron

Arkansas State

Army

Ball State

Bowling Green

Buffalo

Duke

Eastern Michigan

Florida Atlantic

Florida International

Idaho

Miami (OH)

Middle Tennessee State

Navy

New Mexico

New Mexico State

North Texas

Northern Illinois

Ohio

Rice

SMU

San Jose State

Troy

Tulane

UAB

UL-Lafayette

UL-Monroe

UNLV

Utah State

UTEP

Western Kentucky

Western Michigan

Wyoming

Air Force

Akron

Arkansas State

Army

Ball State

Bowling Green

Buffalo

Duke

Eastern Michigan

Florida Atlantic

Florida International - ACCBiggz

Idaho

Miami (OH)

Middle Tennessee State

Navy

New Mexico

New Mexico State

North Texas

Northern Illinois

Ohio

Rice

SMU

San Jose State

Troy

Tulane

UAB

UL-Lafayette

UL-Monroe

UNLV

Utah State

UTEP

Western Kentucky

Western Michigan

Wyoming

Air Force

Akron

Arkansas State

Army

Ball State

Bowling Green

Buffalo

Duke

Eastern Michigan

Florida Atlantic - Typical Phenom

Florida International - ACCBiggz

Idaho - HoodedMandarin

Miami (OH)

Middle Tennessee State

Navy

New Mexico

New Mexico State

North Texas

Northern Illinois

Ohio

Rice

SMU

San Jose State

Troy

Tulane - Meacon

UAB

UL-Lafayette

UL-Monroe

UNLV

Utah State

UTEP

Western Kentucky

Western Michigan - buck44

Wyoming

Meacon, I was thinking about this after talking with TypicalPhenom. I think we should have a limit to number of human games played, like 3 regular season games and potential bowl game. It'll allow the computer to actually sim our built teams and show how our recruiting is going in future years, and allow us to get to those future years a whole lot quicker. Becuase as 1 star teams I don't want to be playing one year for a long time. :shifty: