The EWB Bookie 3

Baddar

ewbb3.jpg?t=1247052221

After nearly two months, The EWB Bookie returns for its 3rd season. Last season, Darloboy took Pesci's crown away from him and both will be vying for top spot again this time around.

My aim this season was to keep the game fresh, without changing too many things to make it seem like a completely different game. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the bookie, here's a brief explanation on how it works;

Each week I post a selection of bets for the coming weekend's Premier League games. It is your job to spread the allocated 20 credits along the bets however you see fit. When spreading your credits though, the minimum stake on each bet is 4. However, you may place all 20 credits on just one bet if you prefer.

Below the set of bets is a "doubler". The doubler is another Premier League game that requires you to predict the correct score in that match. You won't place any credits on this, but guessing the right score doubles your winning outcomes for that week.

I think that's all there is to it. As said earlier, changes to the bookie were made to enhance the experience for everyone. All four changes are listed below;

~ This season, if your 20 credits are spread out across more than one bet, you'll receive a 10 point bonus if ALL of your selections are winning outcomes.

~ If you manage to predict the doubler correctly this season, not only will you receive double credits for that week, you will now have an extra 5 credits to use the following week, bumping your allocated total up to 25, regardless of whether or not you had any winning outcomes that week.

~ Bet 4, aka "the special" bet will now feature a selected scorecast from one of the three listed games in bets 1 to 3. For example, the scorecast might read "Burnley to beat Arsenal 2-0 - 14/1". As unlikely as that result may sound, having a punt at one of the scorecasts could make for a big return and help you climb the table.

~ Failure to bet on any given week will now result in a 10 point deduction. If you frequently fail to predict, you'll be removed from the game at my discretion.

And that is all. No game-breaking changes have been made, but there's certainly more points to be had this season. Let's knock Darloboy off his perch.

--------

With the bookie being the best game that Sports Discussion has to offer ( <_< ) interest was bound to be high. Last week I sent out invites to members, and we're currently at 16. I'm looking for as many more as possible to join in the fun, and I'll leave the thread open until Friday afternoon for further sign-ups.

Confirmed Players (21)

Baddar

crazybrain

Darloboy ©

Dirty Johnny

Dynamite

Eddie G

Ellis

estebanmon

FD

HttK

JSV

Kou

metalman

NBT

Lord Nibbler

Pesci

rvdwannabe

Sam Van 619

Scott McFly

TCO

TSSTB

zipper

If your name isn't on that list and you want to play, a simple "In" will do.

Thanks

-Phil

Edited by Baddar D