I'm guessing this belongs here.

Basic question really as I'm just wondering if anybody here uses Poser? I'm thinking about picking it up but wondered how easy it actually is to use in terms of creating characters/people as well as other stuff? I mean is it over the top hard to get the hang of the basics?

Also, I'm pretty lazy but was wondering if there's a trial version anywhere online to give it a try out?

You could try Daz3d. it's free to download and use but to get extra morphs and models you have to buy those from the online store. I'm not sure if the original poser is still in production. most renders I see now a days are done via daz3d

If this is just for e-fed shit, don't bother. That hasn't been cool in a long time. If you're actually interested in 3D modeling, you'd do best to pick up a full modeling package and learning how to do it properly. Poser is pretty useless unless you have existing modeling experience anyway.

I wanted to use it more or less for creating characters. To explain what I mean, something along the lines of how this tutorial does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGsr7hrw86s

It's not really for anything in general other than seeing how it works and creating characters like that, just something I fancy trying out in all honesty. If there's an easier programme for stuff like this, by all means point me in it's direction. If not, is it partly easy to use Poser for this stuff?