FIFA 10

Baddar

Gah, get on legendary you pussy.

Me and my nephew have started a MM as Man City (my Newcastle one will definitely be starting soon, which I'll be playing alone) and we've won 1, lost 3 so far.

We are on legendary though. >_>

Yeah, there's a pretty big gap between World Class and Legendary. Right now playing on Legendary is a challenge, World Class just gives me too much space.

What controller settings are you all using?

I've got through ball on assisted, but shooting, passing and crossing all on semi-assisted. It's definitely harder to get used to the semi-passing, but more rewarding when you do. You have a lot more freedom with it and don't shout out "I didn't want it to go to him!" nearly as much.

If my nephew disappears somewhere tomorrow afternoon, I'll get the ball rolling on my Newcastle game and try to get the friendlies out of the way, because I guess simming the friendlies would mean I don't get the "no simming in a MM season" trophy at the end. :/

Just wondering, does anyone else have the problem where no matter how many games you play with your virtual pro it doesn't recognise that he's played a single game?

I played some kick off games, some lounge games and even a few season games and still nothing >_<

EDIT: NVM I stuck it on the first difficulty while I was getting used to Be-A-Pro and forgot to turn it up again after creating my Virtual Pro... It only registers if you play at semi-pro or above.

Edited by The General

I haven't played much offline, beat Arsenal on penalties after a 0-0 draw in a friendly before starting my Manager Mode. Of course I have to play both Chelsea and Arsenal in the pre-season. Beat Chelsea 1-0 after Jermain Defoe turned and shot in the area.

Me and a few mates started up our FIFA 10 pro club and it's quite fun, I love how they've gone the NHL route this time and you each use your pro with various made-up players as teammates. Default camera angle is horrible though, I much prefer the standard Tele.

It's still a pity they can't have a champions league and world cup qualifying license in the game instead of making everyone buy the inevitable World Cup 2010 Next year

Meh, I don't mind the CL because there's still a CL somewhat in Manager Mode, it just doesn't have the jingle (would be awesome).

Form is f'ed up. Has anyone actually had someone turn into good form yet? No matter how many games I win, my players just stick at low form.

And there's no like you know small shitty teams that are usually in the champions league like that crowd chelsea played the other night at least that way you could make you're own realistic looking Champions League Tournaments in create a tournament and the international thing is well do you find when the international weeks come around you're mad to play a proper World Cup competition or what ever in Fifa afterwards..Other than that i love this to be honest and yeah with the form thing almost everyone outside my 1st 11 is on poor form already

Does anyone know how to re-sign players? Other than throwing contracts at them every week and hoping for the best?

I'm sure it's a bug and even though it's going to ruin this season I might as well do the "play a season without skipping" thing until then.

Have you tried waiting until the end of the season if you get the option to renew their contracts like in 09?

I've only noticed one guy on my team go up in form, Zesh Rehman for Bradford who managed to jump to 71. Everyone else though is down despite us doing pretty well overall.

My team is being murdered in terms of fitness though. I've had to sink about 1m into getting the coaches up to about 5 now, hopefully that will help some.

I'm not sure I like some of the stuff in Manager Mode. Like, looking for specific attributes. I wanted to find some strikers, one tall, strong and a good header. The other quick and pacey. As it is though you can only search by broad settings like 'movement' and 'physical'. Unless i'm missing something...

Does anyone know how to re-sign players? Other than throwing contracts at them every week and hoping for the best?

I'm sure it's a bug and even though it's going to ruin this season I might as well do the "play a season without skipping" thing until then.

Have you tried waiting until the end of the season if you get the option to renew their contracts like in 09?

Someone on PESGaming said this happened with their game. All they had to do was check the boxes of whose contract they wanted to renew and everyone was automatically re-signed.

Someone on PESGaming said this happened with their game. All they had to do was check the boxes of whose contract they wanted to renew and everyone was automatically re-signed.

Yeah, exactly the same as in 09 then.

Milpool, you can't search for any specific attributes like height, which I hoped would have been added to FIFA10, but no.

Yeah, exactly the same as in 09 then.

Milpool, you can't search for any specific attributes like height, which I hoped would have been added to FIFA10, but no.

Ah fair enough, usually I never have to resort to something like that in 09 because I'd already signed the key guys on long term contracts by then, leaving only deadwood to go away. I was just getting paranoid that these guys would leave on a free transfer.