So..I've picked up a second job

Vendetta

I've picked up a second job as DJ/KJ host and have my first gig Saturday night. I've got your standard party hits, but I'm looking to add some more stuff to my collection. I have about 2 gigs of music already in my library all legal files to which I have purchased over the last couple of years. Care to make some suggestions as to what I should get and play...

Justice and Deadmau5 are pretty much definite ins.

I guess it depends on where you're going to be djing. Depending on the crowd you might need more nostalgic hits or more underground tunes.

I'd probably recommend I Monster - Daydream in blue, it's a song that pretty much everyone knows from that car advert and works really well.

I'm guessing your looking for dance/techno kind of stuff.

Daft Punk, Underworld, Unicorn Kid, Mylo, Tiesto, Felix Da Housecat, Claude Von Stroke, Slam, Silicone Soul, LCD Soundsystem, 2 Many DJs & Soulwax, Digitalism, Aphex Twin.

I do have some AC?DC I'm throwing in but I also have to keep in mind that people are going to want to dance..so I've added in some of the usual stuff, Cha Cha slide, Cupit shuffle, a mean remix of Cotton Eye Joe, Copperhead Road by Steve Earle as it usally goes over pretty well with at least four or five people who know how to do the dance...

Depends on the rough age of people who'll be there. But I find a mashup always goes down well every now and then once people have had a few as it induces a sort of "what the...? Haha, awesome!" reaction. Obviously the songs would have to be recognisable and if you're only playing stuff you've bought legally (and fair play to that) then it'll have to be available that way too.

But yeah, depends on the crowd.

KJ is Kareoke Jockey I believe.

And dear God I wish we'd get some proper dance music for a club here.

You'd be a hit up here in Carlisle with the stuff you're gonna play.

Why not stick the Grease megamix on as well? Seems fitting.