EWBFL (X360)

Cactus Drags

31-28 OT win over the Pats, a last second TD pass to Andre Davis put me in position to tie the game, then an INT of Tom Brady in overtime gave me the chance to kick the winning field goal. The first half was horrid for me 3 INTs by Schaub, Owen Daniels left the game early with a bruised sternum. Second half, turned it around enough to end up with a big win. Bring on the playoffs.

Incidentally, I have to pick up a Strong Safety for the playoffs, Nick Ferguson is out for 9 weeks, which means he's done until next season.

2009 Regular Season wrap-Up

User Standings

(Colours denote same divisions)

Denver (meacon) - 14-2 (W12)

Seattle (Ekin Jones) - 13-3 (W5)

Houston (HoodedMandarin) 13-3 (W3)

New Orleans (mystikz) - 13-3 (W3)

St. Louis (Tits McGee) - 11-5 (L1)

Chicago (Dragsy) - 9-7 (W1)

Green Bay (Srar) - 9-7 (W1)

San Fransisco (DYSI?) - 8-8 (W4)

Quick note on the stats categories: DYSI? and his Fortyniners aren't included since he joined so late (he would have the third best passer in Shaun hill for example).

User Offensive Leaders

Passing:

M. Hasselbeck (Seattle/Ekin) - 368/492 4481 yds. 49 TD/19 INT

D. Brees (Saints/mystikz) - 332/507 4031 yds. 34 TD/21 INT

M. Schaub (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 251/374 3394 yds. 28 TD/20 INT

Rushing:

K. Moreno (Broncos/meacon) - 1580 yds. 287 ATT(5.5 AVG) 20 TD

S. Jackson (Rams/Tits McGee) - 1311 yds. 253 ATT(5.1 AVG) 9 TD

S. Slaton (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 977 yds. 178 ATT (5.4 AVG) 9 TD apparently only had two carries since the last report, due to injury

Receiving:

A. Johnson (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 1196 yds. 76 recs. (15.7 AVG) 8 TD

B. Marshall (Broncos/Marshall) - 1128 yds. 72 recs. (15.6) 9 TD

D. Branch (Seahawks/Ekin) - 1034 yds. 74 recs. (13.9 AVG) 12 TD

User Defensive Leaders

Tackles:

D. Ryans (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 71

C. June (Texans/HoodedMandarin) - 66

J. Vilma (New Orleans/mystikz) - 60

Sacks:

M. Thomas (Broncos/meacon) - 24

D. Tapp (Seahawks/Ekin) - 12 DOUBLED his total since the last report

B. McCray (Saints/mystikz) - 12 Also joint third with 3 forced fumbles

Interceptions:

C. Woodson (Packers/Srar) - 8

J. Wilson (Seahawks/Ekin) - 7

R. Bartell (Rams/Tits McGee) - 7

Forced Fumbles:

B. Urlacher (Bears/Dragsy) - 6

L. Briggs (Bears/Dragsy) - 5

J. Bullocks (Bears/Dragsy) - 3

Da Bears are taking their ball and apparentely going home with it, 'cause they sure as fuck aren't playing much offense >_>

Just a brief one to finish up the regular season, because I'm tired and want to get to the playoffs. Quick aside, I may edit this post to reflect stat changes for week 16, as I put these up before rolling the week over just in case going to the playoffs erased the regular season stats. The standings are accurate, however.

The Playoff Picture

Wildcard Weekend

Giants at Bears/Dragsy

Rams/Tits at Eagles

Winners will visit either mystikz' Saints or Ekin's Seahawks. meacon's Broncos and HoodedMandarin's Texans will represent the AFC in the disional round, facing the winners of either Colts/Dolphins or Raiders/Ravens. Match-ups will be dependent on the results of Colts/Dolphins and Raiders/Ravens.

I am not sure how the Eagles secured the home field, unless Tits lost to them in the season?

Finally, some of you guys seem to be tearing through opponent week after week. I'll go into more after the regular season, but is anyone wanting to up the difficulty and/or adjust quarter lengths or the accelerated clock?

Yeah, I misread the standings, I forgot to edit the question out.

Bears beat the Giants in a dramatic OT thriller. Giants had their way with my defense to start with, throwing at will, despite which they still kept going to Jacobs, who I all but completley shut down (he did have over 100 yards, but 50-odd came off a flukey TD run). My offense sputtered to start with - first play resulted in a pick 6. Dumped Kevin Jones because he couldn't break a tackle, the original Adrian Peterson did well in his place with 68 yards and a TD. My defense saved it for me, forcing 4 turnovers (2 INTs, 2 fumbles) and Urlacher dominated with 11 tackles.

Two really tense highlights for me. The first was NY kicking a field goal to tie at 31 with a second left in the game. Hester fields the kick-off, breaks a tackle at the 30 and breaks out down the sideline as time expires for what I was expecting to be the winning score, but he got dragged down just inside the 20. Gutted.

The whole overtime period had me twitchy. They won the coin toss, but went three and out. I had a big drive which ended in an interception, but fortunately on their next drive (after about 40 ayrds of unstoppable offense), Tillman forced Jacobs to fumble and I managed to drive down and pick up a 44 yard field goal for the win.

Really enjoyable game, and with it actually meaning something, it was really quite nerve-wracking. I presume I'll be playing the Seahawks in the divisional round, right? I still get confused on the seeding >_>