Sons of Anarchy - Season 2

Herr Matzat

Soaintertitle.jpg

Season 2 started last night. It will have 13 Episodes that will air untill the first of December.

Sons of Anarchy was created by Kurt Sutter, a former writer and producer on The Shield, another FX television drama. The show's first season averaged 5.4 million viewers weekly making it the network's most successful show since Rescue Me.[2]

I was only so and so on the first Season, some i loved, some could have been better.. but since he worked with The Shield i was asking for a very high standart... and to be fair, while The Shield always was good it took a cupple of Seasons to get to the Point were every Episode was a highlight of pure utter greatness.

To ye olde copy-paste machine! Season premiere SPOILERS (again):

Man, I feel bad for Opie. First Clay orders a hit on him and his wife is mistaken for him and killed, and now the Sons are just leading him on to "protect" him. Yeah, right - I hope Jax comes around and realizes that nobody's protecting Opie - not even him - they're protecting the club. You can bet that after Clay & co. find out about Gemma's rape they're going to be on the warpath.

Henry Rollins was awesome as well, as was Adam Arkin. Shame they're apparently only slated for six episodes this season.

I loved season 1 and am really hyped for season 2. Love that Rollins was added to the cast.

Is it really onyl 6 episodes or are they splitting it into 2 half seasons like south park does?

I really enjoyed the first season, but I hate watching shows on TV because after one episode, you have to wait a whole week. I'd much rather wait until the end, sit down and do a marathon of the entire season. That said, I may break my rule due to the fact that the preview for this season looked so awesome.

I was really worn out from this past weekend, so I spent my whole day off yesterday in bed watching TV shows on my computer and I finally finished the first season of the show. Needless to say I am very excited for the second season. As one of the board's resident Rollins marks I am super stoked about him joining the cast. I checked out the preview stuff they have up on Hulu and it looks like his run will be a good one even if he is just around for 6 episodes.

FX's 'Sons of Anarchy' stuns -- huge ratings gain

FX's "Sons of Anarchy" came roaring back to record ratings Tuesday night.

The second season premiere hit a series high by a mile, growing 94% (!!!) in the adult demo compared to its first season premiere.

"Sons" was seen by 4.3 million viewers and earned a 2.8 demo rating.

That represents the largest season two premiere gain for any series in FX's history ("The Shield" returned to a 3% increase and "Nip/Tuck" had a 33% gain).

This is great news for FX, a network that's doggedly stuck to its quality shows brand even as its veteran dramas have inevitably sagged and newer efforts have underwhelmed. For those looking to get into "Sons," or who checked out its lackluster pilot and dismissed the rest, here's a recommendation: start with episode seven.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/09/fxs-sons-of-anarchy-stuns-huge-ratings-gain.html

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sons of Anarchy is definitely one of the top 10 shows on TV right now. May even be top 5. After last weeks episode, there is a ton of shit that can be done too (haven't watched tonight's one yet).