Which TV should I buy?

nufan

Looking to buy a new 32" LCD TV for my room and for gaming (PS3)

found a Sharp in australia for $1000 with a $100 gift card, could probably get them down a bit further

and a LG retailing at 1200 but the guy at the store said he could do it for $950

here is a link of the TV's

any help would be appreciated

I like the Sharp name brand better and we have the 46" version in the theatre room. but I think the LG has better specs

http://www.sharp.net.au/product-catalogue/products/LC32D77X/

http://www.lge.com/au/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-32LH50YD.jsp

I'd go with the LG, if not for the specs, just the way their TV's look.

When I got mine it was out of a Bravia, Samsung or LG LCD when I was searching for one. Ended up getting the Bravia, from Tesco, but that's only because it was reduced to something like £300. And a year ago, £300 for a 32'' LCD TV was very good value. Probably still is.

I thought Sharp was the better name brand and the Aquos are rated second to only the Bravia's or is that only in the bigger sized TV's?

the only difference in the two is possibly price and the LG edges them out on Dynamic Contrast Ratio at 80,000:1 vs 50,000:1

Your "working" contrast level is the important number, not the dynamic. Kind of like peak and rms in terms of watts for subwoofers.

The Aquos line is rated very highly and are very good tv's ... but I've found that they really are better at the bigger sizes (compared to their own smaller counterparts.

Personally between the two I prefer the Sharp. I like their overall look and to me the picture is a little better for the settings I prefer.

I have a Sharp Aquos. It's a beautiful thing though I got it because it was cheaper than the Bravia!

In the local electronics superstore they always have their biggest Aquos on show at the top of the elevator for the TV floor. I think currently it's 68 inch or something and it looks incredible. Mine is only 32 I think but that's fine for the size of the room.

LGs are much better than they used to be though.

ended up getting a 40" Sony Bravia for 1500 with a redeemable PS3 so basically got it for $1000 which im pleased about

http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-40w5500