SpikeTV : Video Game Awards

Captain Eo

They'e on right now started at 8pm EST. So far We've seen a few sneak world premieres that I wasn't expecting.

Mace Windu just showed the teaser for the new Star Wars game.

Force Unleashed 2.

We also seem to be getting something new related to Batman Arkham Asylum. There was a opening cinematic showed at the start of the show which ended with a url. I did a whois and found out the site was just created today. Also The Joker looked beat up a bit so this will probably pik up from the end of the last game.

www.arkhamhasmoved.com

I believe it takes place immediately or soon after the first game, which explains his appearance as he would logically still be recovering from the beating he received from Bats. I did feel a bit of Ledger-esque in the mayhem that was going on outside however. Reminded me of the hospital scene from Dark Knight.

Just got a chance to watch it as I had taped it, and my God 2010 is gonna be awesome for games.

The highlight of the show for me was the reveal of the NEW FUCKIN' MEDAL OF HONOR!!!! As much as I want them to redo the series in WWII, it looks like all shooters have evolved into the modern age.

The Arkham teaser was fairly interesting and makes me still want to play the first one even more(haven't gotten around to it yet sadly...).

That one Spec Ops game reminded me of Gears in a way, so I'll put that down as wait and see.

And finally, Force Unleashed 2 is just gonna be killer in my mind as I loved the first one,

I thought the apprentice was killed in the first one though?

All in all I think the right games and studios won the right awards so I can't complain.

I believe it takes place immediately or soon after the first game, which explains his appearance as he would logically still be recovering from the beating he received from Bats. I did feel a bit of Ledger-esque in the mayhem that was going on outside however. Reminded me of the hospital scene from Dark Knight.

Yeah and he was all monster-y in the end, so that's why he has weird spots on his face as well. :pervert: Pretty fast sequel, although it might just come out in the end of 2010 and this is just a REALLY early teaser trailer.

There's multiple endings to the first game I believe, but the one I played through he died. However the DLC takes place after the first game, so I believe that would follow the Star Wars Universe Canon.

The DLC is non-canon sir.

In the first one the Apprentice hunts down Obi-wan Kenobi while he's still in Mos Eisly and kills him in the dockng bay while theFalcon flies away. In the second one he sneaks into Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth alone and ends up fighting Luke.

The Canon ending is Galen Marrik is killed by the Emperor while helping to give birth to Rebellion. The Secret Apprentice becoming the Emperor's Top Assassin is not canon. If the force Unleashed Sequel features the same character, it can only either be a prequel, or it has to take place within an Alternate Universe that is seperate from Star Wars canon.

There's multiple endings to the first game I believe, but the one I played through he died. However the DLC takes place after the first game, so I believe that would follow the Star Wars Universe Canon.

The DLC is non-canon sir.

In the first one the Apprentice hunts down Obi-wan Kenobi while he's still in Mos Eisly and kills him in the dockng bay while theFalcon flies away. In the second one he sneaks into Echo Base during the Battle of Hoth alone and ends up fighting Luke.

The Canon ending is Galen Marrik is killed by the Emperor while helping to give birth to Rebellion. The Secret Apprentice becoming the Emperor's Top Assassin is not canon. If the force Unleashed Sequel features the same character, it can only either be a prequel, or it has to take place within an Alternate Universe that is seperate from Star Wars canon.

Him surviving outside of the fight with the rebels on some kind of border planet and seeking some kind of redemption seems acceptable in cannon to me. So long as he doesn't try and take down Vader & The Emperor or returns to the universe at large it would still make sense. Even if that does make for a pretty lame game.

I can't be the only one that wishes they'd go about making either Battlefront 3 finally happen or some kind of game that involves a similar system to Force Unleashed or KOTOR or some kind of Unholy Awesome Combination of the two where in you play through New Hope to Return of the Jedi at length, can I? >_>