The Revenge Of The Son Of Skumfrog's Christmas Extravaganza

Skummy

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a13c165/n/Christmas_Mix_2009.mp3

A little late this year, but as has become (a fairly rubbish) tradition, here's my festive mix extravaganza for 2009, featuring the following;

1. Fucked Up - Do They Know It's Christmas? (feat. Vampire Weekend’s Ezra Koenig, TV on the Radio’s Kyp Malone, Broken Social Scene’s Kevin Drew, comedian David Cross, Yo La Tengo, Bob Mould, Tegan and Sara, GZA, Andrew W.K. and Bob Mould)

2. Joey Ramone - Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)

3. The Fall - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing

4. Wild Billy Childish & The Musicians Of The British Empire - Pete Townshend's Christmas

5. Bob Dylan - Must Be Santa

6. Cocteau Twins - Frosty The Snowman

7. Sonic Youth - Santa Doesn't Cop Out On Dope

8. William S. Burroughs & Kurt Cobain - The Priest They Called Him

9. Spinmaster Plantpot - A Ghostly Tale

And as a quick, but very important, addendum to all this, I do urge any of you downloading this to also rush off and buy Fucked Up's "Do They Know It's Christmas?", it's only $0.99 on iTunes, and all proceeds go to help the charities Justice For The Missing & Murdered, D.T.E.S. Power Of Women and Sisters In Spirit. And all of that is far, far more important than a silly little Christmas song.

EDIT: And yes, I know, if any of you downloaded last year's three of the songs are the same.

Edited by Skummy

I was struggling to choose between "Must Be Santa", "Here Comes Santa Claus" and "Silver Bells". I went with "Must Be Santa" because it was the most frantic, and easiest to fit into this mix - though at one point I was going to use one of the slower tracks and have a couple of other country-tinged songs in the mix, but it didn't feel right. Plus "Must Be Santa" has "“Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton", which is brilliant.