PS3 Problem?

phatman

OK, so just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what the deal is if so...

My PS3, which was working like the day before, now only reads DVD's and CD's... Won't play any Games or Blu-Ray DVD's at all... Just won't load them. doesn't matter how many times i try, just doesnt work which sucks considering my PS3 is only like a month old...

has anyone had this problem?

It could be that the blu-ray reader is fucked. In saying that, I have no idea whether or not there's a difference between the laser that reads the blu-ray discs and normal DVDs/CDs.

If it's a brand new PS3 though (bought from a shop) just take it back and exchange it. If you've bought it from someone, I guess you're out of luck and will have to foot whatever the bill is to fix it.

My PS3 stopped reading discs after a year, and I ended up needing to have a new laser and HDD put in. Luckily it was covered, and I still am until October this year.

I have a PS3 problem that just occurred last night and I found it rather strange. I was given the new Star Trek movie on Blu-Ray for Christmas and I decided to finally watch it last night on the PS3. Funny thing is, when I put the Disc in, the screen started to load up as usual, it had a little Enterprise on the screen to show the DVD was loading. Well, after that occurred my TV could no longer detect the signal on the HDMI channel I had it on.

My television is a 32' LCD Dynex that can play up to 720p and I don't know if it's my television that decided to stop working or my PS3. I thought I'd ask here first just in case it was my PS3 and I need to get it repaired right away. Other than that, my PS3 has been working with the games I have, but this was the first time I tried a DVD or a Blu-Ray DVD. I may try another no Blu--Ray DVD in a bit to see if it's the format that's messing up either my television or my PS3.

Thanks in advance for the much needed advice.

I think you're right actually. The movie is 1080p, but the box for my television says it only goes up to 720p, but when I'm watching television it says I'm in 1080i def. Such a weird television, lol, but more than likely, I just can't see the Blu-Ray because it's to high def for my puny television, poor Dynex.

Thanks guys.