Wow, Respect for Morrisey = Lost.

Guest Angry Baboon

Guest Angry Baboon

I just bought his new album. Crap. It's basically a huge diss. "Boo George Bush, Boo Meat Eaters, Boo Johnny Marr, Boo the Smiths, Boo Conformists, Boo pop music, boo the labour party, boo the middle class, Boo humanity, HOORAY FOR MORRISEY!". He's become a hypocritical yahoo who writes lyrics about the grubby side of the UK as if he's mourning for some lost great country he lives in, whilst he lives in LA. Hang the DJ? Hang the vocalist more like. I really hate people famous or non famous who believe that they speak wisdom, or are better than you/ the world in some way, think they're witty and believe the utter garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Morrisey is a great example of this.

Mozzer is now a jumped-up effete-tart who banks in on his UK origins, but knows nothing about the country currently. He's a plastic UKer.

And then...The final straw. I saw him on Jonothan Ross. OH MY GOD.

He's become so warped and taken in by his own sense of self-righteousness that he acts like everything he says is gospel.

Throughout the interview as Morrisey got further stuck up his own rectum, I was praying that Jonathon Ross would beat him into a pulp or just slap him really hard around his smug face.

I got the impression, though, that JR was a bit intimidated by Morrisey - it seemed that the two didn't get on.

Intimidated by that lanky bit of bouffant hair-do? Wow, Jonathan Ross sucks too. I'd personally love to slap Mozza around with a copy of yesterdays 'mirror'.

*Puts on the Queen is Dead*

TO A BETTER MOZZA!

*Urinates on his new album and other solo 'efforts'*

I just bought his new album. Crap. It's basically a huge diss. "Boo George Bush, Boo Meat Eaters, Boo Johnny Marr, Boo the Smiths, Boo Conformists, Boo pop music, boo the labour party, boo the middle class, Boo humanity, HOORAY FOR MORRISEY...

You, sir, will sit atop the Leaderboard now. Three cool points for speaking the gospel.

If you're so "non-conformist", don't take the paycheck that comes with the cover of Spin magazine. Don't film videos and dress yourself like you own Times Square. Don't even record CDs via sucking the gigantic cock that is a record contract.

And furthermore, don't take yourself so seriously that you pull a Danzig whenever someone brings up The Smiths or The Cure.

Morrissey is a person that needs humbling. Which is sad, considering that what all he's gone through still hasn't taught him modesty.

Guest Angry Baboon

No, it's terrible. It sounds like a second (Actually twelfth) rate Smiths album, and his backing band is horrible. I wouldn't buy it. Basically he's still stuck in exactly the same time frame he was in 1994 and his Smiths-esque personality has become a gimmick. It was quite saddening actually :(

I heard the song he performed (i was switching between the poker million and JR) and it did sound a bit weird. It sounded like a politics song or something, but i was okay, wasn't great or anything.

I never knew who it was :P like i said, i was watching Phil Taylor destroy everyone. Then my dad switched it over right after Fast Freddie won a massive pot in a three way showdown thingy.

Guest Angry Baboon

He is the lead singer of the 80's alternative rock band The Smiths, and is considered one of the "Godfathers of Angst". Since the Smiths broke up he's made like a kazillion mediocre solo albums. He suffers terribly from "Michael Stipe disease" in which he feels the need to put over his general political and social opinions ("BOO BUSH! HOORAY VEGETARIANISM! HOORAY FOR EQUALITY! I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE!") that we've heard from celebrities 191,068 times before whilst acting like he's some kind of enlightened all dancing all singing Gandhi figure.

It's not so much the fact that he radiates arrogance- After David Byrne he was probably the best alternative frontman of the 80's, but it's the kind of smarmy elitist arrogance that makes you want to stab him in the face.

If you want to check out Morrisey in his better days listen to these Smiths songs:

Hand in Glove

This Charming Man

Pretty Girls Make Graves

There is a light that never goes out

Bigmouth Strikes Again

The Queen is Dead

How soon is now?

Also let it be noted that the Meat is Murder album is criminally overrated, and there are only about 2 decent songs on it.

Since I've been old enough to know who he is, Morrisey has always come across as a boring twat to me. The Smiths stuff was ok, not my preferred style really, but the way he seems so fucking self righteous and then this week whores himself out to the British media seems somewhat hypocritical. He seems to think he is gods gift to music, as do NME, when really there are (IMO) plently more relevant artists.

Since I've been old enough to know who he is, Morrisey has always come across as a boring twat to me. The Smiths stuff was ok, not my preferred style really, but the way he seems so fucking self righteous and then this week whores himself out to the British media seems somewhat hypocritical. He seems to think he is gods gift to music, as do NME, when really there are (IMO) plently more relevant artists.

I'm feeling that vibe already.

Since the Smiths broke up he's made like a kazillion mediocre solo albums.

Sure, Malajusted and a few others were shit, but listen to Vauxhall And I, and Your Arsenal. They're fantastic albums. And I agree with you on the Meat Is Murder thing, it's my least favourite Smiths album.