NHL 2K5

triplexpac

Guest kijlhumt

Get a PS2, Seany. Even with my cheapness, I bought one.

I can't wait for this game. My domination of EA's NHL series has been well documented, and I could use the change. I've basically gotten to the point in 2004 that I can win with prospects on my lines, no stars.

Get a PS2, Seany. Even with my cheapness, I bought one.

I can't wait for this game. My domination of EA's NHL series has been well documented, and I could use the change. I've basically gotten to the point in 2004 that I can win with prospects on my lines, no stars.

I've got one.

Guest kijlhumt

I can't figure out the controller...too many buttons.

I'll take my PS2.

PS2 controller has 1 more button than GC one does. GC controller=7 buttons, PS2 controller=8 buttons :)

And yet it's easier to figure out than that hellacious GC controller.

And yet it's easier to figure out than that hellacious GC controller.

That's an opinion, the GC controller has one less trigger and the same amount of primary buttons, and two analog sticks and a d-pad just like the playstation.

They even color-coded it for idiots.

It's basically the same controller for all intents and purposes.

Guest kijlhumt

But...IT'S PURPLE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!

I don't think I'd be able to play Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon with a goddamn purple controller. It should be illegal.

At least with the PS2 controller, it's jet fucking black. THAT'S something I can use.

Yeah, my first Cube was purple and I got an extra controller.

When the insurance replaced it when it got stolen, they gave me the system and the controllers in black.

Edit:

The default one that I got with my GC was fucking purple.

There is no "default". The cube shipped in six colors and it's up to you and the store to figure out which one you wanted/could get.

I bought the purple one because some kid got it as a gift when he wanted an X-Box, so it was unused but sold as used because it had been opened.

Edited by SeanDMan

I remember one of the 2K games on the Dreamcast. I would frustrate people by charging the goalie. About 1/3 of the time the puck went in. Once, I charged him from center ice and hit him when the puck was in my zone. I didn't mind playing shorthanded since I was getting so many charging/hfb penalties anyway, might as well get some goals.

That game had a rediculous flaw in that every goalie pulled a Cloutier at least once a game and let a dump in from the nuetral zone past him. Made for a lot of 5-4 games when it should have been 3-2.

Oh yeah, and penalties automatically meant a faceoff at center ice. So if you're fucked in your own end, hook the guy, take the two minutes, and trap him in the nuetral zone.

Edited by SeanDMan