Spurs are Stupid

The Slickman

Decision #1

As has been widely reported, the club has been in negotiations with Liverpool regarding Danny Murphy.

We have now withdrawn from these negotiations following a meeting with the player.

We acknowledge that a guaranteed first team place was a deciding factor in his decision and wish him well.

We couldnt give someone a promise for first team football . WHEN JAMIE FUCKING LAZY ARSE REDKNAPP IS PLAYING ! . Murphy has played for England and a respected member of the Liverpool squad with is a much bigger and better squad than ours .

Decision #2

The club has announced today that Stephen Carr will be leaving to join Newcastle United for an agreed fee of up to £2million.

The Republic of Ireland international defender joined us as a trainee in 1992 and made his first team debut a year later, aged just 16.

In total, he made over 250 appearances for us in all competitions between 1993-2004.

Stephen stood in as captain in Jamie Redknapp's absence last season and we would like to thank him for his contribution over the last 12 years.

Sporting director Frank Arnesen said this afternoon: "We've always rated Stephen as a player and at this stage we wouldn't have chosen to let him go. I respect his decision, I'll be sorry to see him go and wish him well."

The club wish Stephen and his family all the best on his move to St James Park.

Carr shows fight and heart every time he plays , he has gave everything he has in 250 games which is more than players like the CLUB CAPTAIN REDKNAPP . And 2m for a player which is one of the first names on the team sheet for us and ireland is ridiculous .

Thats 2 decisions today . letting go the decisions of selling Helder Postiga after 1 season for £1.25M less than what we paid for him coming offa brilliant Euro 2004 performance Against England . And Giving Gary Doherty a new contract . !

Gary Doherty... *shudders*

Things are getting worse and worse....Although....

Robinson

Davis

Mendes

Defoe

All signing in the last year makes me happy.

And now Kelly can get a chance at right back. He's Irish U21 right back so is following in Carr's shoes...Hopefully he'll prove to be even better, though Carr is a legend. gah.

Both very smart decisions I don't know why your complaining.

1) Murphy wanted a gaurunteed first team place, I'm glad he was told to fuck off, anyone asking for that isn't going to fight for the club properly is he? The fact that we have a fairly strong midfield anyway doesn't matter. If only we'd kept Matty etherington everything would be fine.

2) Carr was likely to be Campbell 2. "I love the club", "Its a dream to spend a career at your favourite side". He was on the run and I'm glad we could cash in, he was worth more but 2 mill is more then nothing so I don't care. Besides we've got Tarrico, Ifil and most likely Kelly who can play there respectably anyway.

Just wait till I get back on Saturday with a different point of view though...

Stevie Carr showed passion , he showed heart , he gave everything he had for 12 years each and every game . for 2m its a bargin .Kelly looks good but each time ive seen him , he doesnt seem like the kind of player like a carr or a keano .

Danny Murphy is better than all our midfielders ( apart from sean davis maybe ) if you dont think that murphy deserves a place in front of Jackson And Redknapp i dont know what you think will make a good club

Hopefully Santini will play King in DEFENCE, and get a decent partner for him soon.

The decision has been made to play Ledley King in defence, it's his preferred position and Santini's agreed to play him there this season. I agree we need another good central defender as Dean Richards is way past it, and Anthony Gardner just isn't up to the standard we need.

Stevie Carr showed passion , he showed heart , he gave everything he had for 12 years each and every game . for 2m its a bargin .Kelly looks good but each time ive seen him , he doesnt seem like the kind of player like a carr or a keano .

Danny Murphy is better than all our midfielders ( apart from sean davis  maybe ) if you dont think that murphy deserves a place in front of Jackson And Redknapp i dont know what you think will make a good club

Thats something of a concern to me, more then the others actually.

As incompetent as Doherty is on a bad day he's useful as a squad man being able to play up front or at the back and with talk Richards may be on his way out that leaves us with Gardner as defencive back up. Not sure of any young centre backs who might come good at the moment either :\

Something that might be minor news to the rest of the Spurs fans but Englands (youth) number one Rob Burch has just signed for Stevenage on loan for a while.