The Worst Gigs I Ever Went To.

K

Ive never been to a gig that i haven't enjoyed (well to be fair ive not been to many) but over the last 5 years of going to Reading Festival, ive seen a lot of bad stuff. Festivals do seem pretty dodgy though. I mean, you can normally tell which bands generally want to be there, and the others who are just in it for the money.

I went to this birthday bash a radio station out here does every year. It sucked big ones. It had Our Lady Peace, Sloan, Dashboard Confessional and some other junk that was just boring. It was an excruciating couple of hours.

The River City Rebels were also crap, luckily the Queers turned out to be fun, otherwise the whole show would have been bad given that the Black Halos were also pretty fucking bad.

I went to a My Chemical Romance concert (not by choice) and they were extremely boring. Thankfully, Rise Against opened for them, so it wasn't that bad. I also saw Hatebreed play with Sick of It All and a bunch of other bands that were pretty crap. It wasn't horrible; I think I was more turned off by the scummy crowd than anything.

...did you just call Sick Of It All crap?!?!?! Fucking hell I'm contemplating going to see AFI purely to catch the SOIA support slot.

And 'boring' I can tend to get away it. I mean, it's not perfect, but I've seen countless 'boring' bands. I think I'll stick with The Final Crisis as the worst band I've ever seen, it's not even the MSI syndrome where they're just shit live but I will admit to them having some okay songs, even on myspace they just sound massively shit.

And I was pleasantly surprised by MCR when I saw them a few years back...and actually rather disappointed by Rise Against, although that was mostly on setlist choice (saw them twice last year and never before :().

Edited by YI