March Madness 2010

sahyder1

It is that time again. Obviously the brackets will be out Sunday evening so you can't fill them out until that time. I have created groups on both Yahoo and ESPN. Join as many as you wish (preferably all as there will be different people in each). The scoring systems will also be different in each to keep each group a little different.

Yahoo NCAA Tournament Pick'em

The Yahoo game is a traditional pick'em. Brackets have to be filled out before the tournament starts. The scoring system will be as follows:

Round 1 - 1 point each

Round 2 - 2 points each

Round 3 - 4 points each

Round 4 - 8 points each

Round 5 - 16 points each

Round 6 - 32 points each

Instead of a traditional bonus point for upsets You will get bonus points based on seeds. So if you pick a 15/2 upset, in addition to the 1 point you will also get 13 bonus points (15 minus 2). Bonus points will apply through the tournament. So anytime you pick a lower seed correctly you will get bonus points.

Group ID - 55250

Password - ewb

ESPN Tournament Challenge

This one is also a traditional bracket challenge. Brackets have to be filled out before the tournament starts. We will be using ESPN's default scoring.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

College Hoops Pick'em

This is a new game. Completely different from a traditional pick'em. You will actually make picks daily. Yes, you read that part right. You won't get completely screwed over if you have a bad opening weekend as you can make picks daily.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Womens Tournament Challenge

Will anyone dare pick anyone but UConn to win it all?

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Streak for the Cash

This is actually a monthly game ESPN runs year round. It resets every month. This game includes all sports. The purpose is to make correct sports predictions. Whoever gets the longest streak in the world gets $100,000 from ESPN. I've had a blast with this game so I would definitely recommend it to all. Non-Americans are eligible for the prize money too. Just check the game rules on their website to see if your country is eligible. We already have a thread going for this streak game as it is a year round thing. Join us there.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Please reply to this and let me know which of these groups you do end up joining. I'm going to try and come up with a combined scoring system for people who play more than one of these games. Good luck to all of you.

@sahyder1

I will be at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in Syracuse. All I am saying is this, Siena to the Final Four as my George Mason. Call it improbable, cause it is, but I can't pick against them.

I will be at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in Syracuse. All I am saying is this, Siena to the Final Four as my George Mason. Call it improbable, cause it is, but I can't pick against them.

Ugh, shut up Krone. Don't have to rub it in. :shifty:

We all know Cornell is going to make to the Sweet 16 anyways. :D Or at least I hope they make it that far. Jeff Foote is a beast!

I'm Rhode Island College FTW.

I encourage everyone to make at least one bracket on ESPN where you determine every match up besides 1 vs 16 with a coin flip. I just ended up with a final 4 of Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Clemson and Notre Dame, with Minnesota beating Clemson in the finals. :mellow:

I wonder how difficult it would be to get to see some of the games in Providence this weekend. There's the four games on Thursday and then the two Saturday. Probably looking Saturday.

Anyone been to this before, know how it works?

You have to buy tickets for the sessions. Since there are 4 games on Thursdays they will be split into an afternoon session and a night session. Saturday the two games should also be one session as far I can remember.

Yeah, that's how I remember it being when we took our road trips in Texas to see the tourny games.

So, using the Random.org coin flipper:

MIDWEST

Kansas makes the final four ( team of destiny ? :shifty: )

They are joined in the sweet 16 by SDSU, New Mex St, GT - the 10/11/12 seeds

SDSU plays Kansas in the elite 8

EAST

Washington makes the final four

The 10/11/12/13/14 seeds all advance to round 2

10/11/13 advance to the elite 8

Kentucky goes out in the elite 8

WEST

FSU makes the final four

Gay ... only first round upsets are FSU over Gonzaga, UTEP over Butler (might happen actaully)

Pitt is in sweet 16 with 7/9/12 seeds

FSU/BYU elite 8 matchup

SOUTH

ODU makes the final four

1 goes out to a 9 and 2 goes out to a 10

Sweet 16 sees A&M as highest seed remaining

A&M/ODU elite 8 matchup

Final Four

Kansas/FSU/Washington/ODU

- FSU/ODU title game

ODU is your national champion by a score of 81-74

I think Duke is overrated cause they're Duke. I mean, seriously, what have they done in the past five years to put them in an elite standing? The ACC blew chunks this year. I think the 9 seed 'Ville will be the talk of the tourny early on.