2010/2011 NBA Thread

jrtdot

What a weird day. I think its safe to say that it will never happen again, Ginobli and Duncan won't allow it, Kobe won't allow it, and most of all David Stern won't allow it.

My friend and I did have a funny scenario where the Hornets would be up 3-2 in the series and David Stern runs out on the court in the 1st quarter of Game 6 when the Lakers are up 7-5 and yells "Ring the fucking bell!" It sounded sadly believable.

As long as Chris Paul spits on his face

Boston might have just played the worst postseason game in their history and still ended up winning.

That's entirely untrue. They shot 44% from the field, 39% from three and were +10 in rebounds and + 2 in assists. The Knicks didn't play well and lost despite only giving up 87 fucking points because they gave up an uncontested lob dunk and a wide open 3 from the point that they had a 3 point lead with less than 38 seconds left.

Edited by naiwf

You all are Knicks fans so I am going trust your "expertise" on this.

It seemed to me like Amare was the guy with the hot hand and Boston really had no answer for him. You didn't need a three-pointer and you had time to run a real play.

That couldn't have been the shot you wanted there right? And I know Carmelo is clutch, but you knew he was going to double-teamed on that play. Why not feed the big man. Am I wrong on this?

You all are Knicks fans so I am going trust your "expertise" on this.

It seemed to me like Amare was the guy with the hot hand and Boston really had no answer for him. You didn't need a three-pointer and you had time to run a real play.

That couldn't have been the shot you wanted there right? And I know Carmelo is clutch, but you knew he was going to double-teamed on that play. Why not feed the big man. Am I wrong on this?

If you noticed on that final possession Toney Douglas was driving to the basket and had a clear path, but he inexplicably stopped in midstride, turned around and gave the ball to Carmelo behind the line. If he had kept going to the hoop he probably would have had a lay up, but the Knicks don't do layups (see Jared Jeffries aka the world's worst big man). The Knicks offensive philosophy is "live by the three and die by the three", and last night they died by the three since Jesus Shuttlesworth made his and Carmelo missed his. On a broken play like that they are going to double the three, so of course that's what the Knicks would attempt because they're a poorly coached team with no basketball IQ.

I can only imagine the motivational speeches going on in the Bulls' locker room. "Alright guys, let's just try and not get hurt out there!" and "Okay, the pizza's getting here after the 3rd." and "Only 47 minutes until you guys need to go out there and play some basketball!"

Also, Rick Adelman is on the coaching market. Guy has had success everywhere, he would have had a lot more if everyone who Houston invested money in the last few years didn't have chronic injuries. I'm curious to see where he ends up, it probably won't happen but he could bring a lot of success to the Knicks. Much more than D'Antoni for sure.

More proof that God hates the Knicks :(

. . . the Knicks don't do layups (see Jared Jeffries aka the world's worst big man)

. . . they're a poorly coached team with no basketball IQ.

Suddenly, I miss the days of 23 wins where I didn't give two shits about this franchise. Hopefully Boston does the merciful thing and just runs them out of MSG by 20+ in each of the next two games. 'Antoni has literally been stealing money as the Knicks have got to be the worst coached team in the business. How the fuck do you not foul immediately down by 1 with 4+ seconds left? This Knicks team would have trouble winning a title against Special Olympians <_<

• Like 1

It really looks like if Portland wins at home, it will go to Game 7, because every game between PTB and the Mavericks has been won by the home team this year. Although I really do think that Portland will win it in the end, unless Dallas wins one game on their homecourt

It's not exactly unusual for the home team to win the first two games. The Knicks could surprise us in game three.

We just need to see if it'll be a good or bad surprise.

If the Knicks weren't the most brain dead team in the playoffs, you'd have to say that at worst the series should be tied. At best the Knicks should be up 2-0. Instead they're down 0-2 and Billups and Amar'e are hurt. If Melo gets into foul trouble or injured they will have ZERO offense left. Toney Douglas, Landry Fields, Jared Jeffries, Shawne Williams and Ronny Turiaf might just be the most offensively challenged group of players any team could field.

Yeah, but that was kinda expected once they traded for Melo and Chauncey.

I'm not quite willing to write off the Knicks till after game three. And even then, D'Antoni's one of the few who managed to coach his team back from 1-3 down to win the series.*

*If it happens, it'll effectively guarantee his stays as coach next season.