NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I think his fight a few weeks ago when he went Carlo ColaiaLiddell on Keith Ballard was funnier only because that's the last thing I ever excepted Carlo to do. http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/99620

What the fuck. This waffles shit...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/article/910794--waffles-fly-in-protest-as-leafs-losses-pile-up

I don't know whether to shake my head or support it.

Edited by Enter Blue Guy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

WJHC trivia: Since the breakup of the USSR, Japan (1993), Poland (1999) and France (2002) have all made the top flight of the tournament. I don't remember any of that.

I remember both Poland and France.

It's natural for a weak nation to make the top level because of the relegation system. I think it's 2 up/2 down. With that system in place, you're always going to have a shit team pop up for one year because they had a good (overperforming) run at Div 2, and then get promptly destroyed in Div 1.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Oh sure, but those are more often the traditional leap-frog teams like Germany, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Austria, Latvia, Switzerland before the last few years...

...the Leafs don't want me as their fan.

I don't pay attention to the score, they're winning 1-0!

I check the score, they go down 2-1.

I leave and come back, and they're up 4-2.

....now it's 5-4 >_<

Edit: Look! 5-5! Damn you Leafs, damn you :(

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This is a crazy collapse by the Leafs.

I can't even remember the last time a hockey team blew a three-goal lead in the third period.

• Like 1

I find it funny that two teams with a Maple Leaf logo (and a Schenn on both teams!) collapsed in the third period, only for one to lose, and for one to win.

Needless to say, that WJHC Gold Medal Game left a bad taste in the Canadian in me, that was quickly drowned away by Grabovski's awesome shootout spinorama goal, and the Leafs destroying the Thrashers on Friday. :D