NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

Grabovski just scored his second goal of the night, and it was awesome. Leafs win, Reimer made some big saves, and Phil Kessel got the monkey off his back and scored two goals.

Edited by Toe

It was a nice play. He got a little lucky with the defensemen falling down, and Idk what the goalie was doing there, probably should've had that one, but still a nice move.

Big game tonight going forward. A win and a little luck, and Toronto is 6 points back. That is not an impossible number; just look at Calgary this year.

Both teams have been playing very well lately, which will make the stretch run extremely exciting for me as they are my two favorite teams. Born and raised a Flames fan, and having chosen the Leafs as my Eastern Conference representative, I can say that things are most definitely looking up for both teams right now.

I can see one of them actually making the playoffs, but I highly doubt that both will, which is unfortunate. It will be interesting to see what Brian Burke does leading into and on deadline day, because one wrong move could completely collapse a team that right now, could conceivably make the playoffs and make things very interesting in the first round. The same could be said about the Flames though. If Feaster makes just one wrong move, the entire team collapses and this amazing run will have been for naught. Perhaps, on both fronts, the only large move should involve a soft defenseman (Kaberle, Bouwmeester) and other moves should strictly be tinkering moves involving minor league players, draft picks, and potentially the acquisition of depth players for a playoff run.

So, the latest rumor out of Boston is Kaberle for Blake Wheeler and a draft pick. I think maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe if that pick is Toronto's 1st, they intend to tank the rest of the season, they can bribe Gary Bettman to rig the draft lottery, and they can see into the future and ensure they draft the next Wayne Gretzky, you MIGHT make that deal. But really, you've been trying to trade this guy for the better part of the history of time and the fucking best deal you can get is Blake Wheeler?

The argument is a) Boston are the only guys bidding and b) better that than nothing, which is true because I'd rather get something for Kabs than have him walk like Sundin, but yeah, I wouldn't be happy with that deal one bit. You can't exactly argue the first point either, because if Kabs goes to UFA, suddenly Boston is bidding against 28 potential suitors.

Might be worth letting him walk just to get the chance to get him out of the conference.

And yeah, "something is better than nothing" is a fine argument, but again, go back through all the deals Burke has turned down, and tell me Blake Wheeler is the steal he's been holding out for.

I would not be happy with Kabs for Wheeler and Bostons first.....if it was our first? Maybe. But I heard that wasn't even on the table.

As much as I would love the return on Kabs (hopefully), I want him a Leaf forever. Maybe we can resign him in the offseason.

Guest mr. potato head

Avs have traded a good goalie playing badly for a bad goalie. Anderson for Elliott.

...Well at least we won't be disappointed when the goalie plays badly now. It'll be expected.

I'm at work and haven't read any commentary or analysis, but what's with this? I don't see any advantage here for Colorado in any way.

I haven't had much chance to see the Avs this year, but was Andy really that bad that they had to ship him out? Over Budaj? I know he hadn't been as good as last year, but last year was a complete shock, surely it would have been better to ride out this lsot season and see if he could come back better next year?