NHL 2010/2011

SeanDMan

I doubt it. Kovalev has been so streaky. His salary, while not enormous, is still hard to fit in for some teams. I could see Pittsburgh being the only team interested in him at all, at the moment. With Malkin out, they had cap space and were willing to roll the dice on him. You never know with Kovy. He could score two one night, then be -2 with no points the next.

I've often lamented CBC's coverage of Habs/Leafs games... I take back everything I've ever said.

Sportsnet, only 3 minutes into the game have purpoted that Toronto has the best yound D in the East... laughable, that Toronto is marching to a playoff spot... improbable, that Monteal is quickly falling out of the playoff picture despite holding the #6 spot for several weeks now and that P.K. Subban isn't so much talented as he is an antagonist.

Is this really the way you Leafers see this?

Toronto's D: I'm a fan of where it will be in a few years time. Give me some counters so that I can compare them. If you think about saying Montreal, I will have Ruki eat you.

Toronto marching toward a playoff spot: Obviously true. Whether or not the other results will fall their way remains to be seen, but they are doing everything right on their end so far.

Montreal falling out of the playoff picture: I would definitely say they are falling, but not that far. This one is definitely sampling the hyperbole on offer.

PK Subban comment: This one is so clearly correct, though I did notice you didn't provide a counter-point to this one - so perhaps you aren't disputing this.

PK, you're an asshole.

I've often lamented CBC's coverage of Habs/Leafs games... I take back everything I've ever said.

Sportsnet, only 3 minutes into the game have purpoted that Toronto has the best yound D in the East... laughable, that Toronto is marching to a playoff spot... improbable, that Monteal is quickly falling out of the playoff picture despite holding the #6 spot for several weeks now and that P.K. Subban isn't so much talented as he is an antagonist.

Is this really the way you Leafers see this?

I only started watching when the game started, but I do think Sportsnet is the worst broadcaster of Leafs games right now. I like CBC and I think TSN is the best. Bowen is alright calling the games, but I hate the panel they have on Sportsnet and dislike Greg Millen's commentary.

That was an awful period of hockey. Missed calls and poor play from both teams. Lucky for us Leaf fans, Phil is on a hot streak. His snipe on the first game was awesome.

I fully expect Montreal to score the next goal since they have been threatening. Halpern putting it off the post was crazy.

Wisniewski's slapshot to tie the game was awesome. Just placed it perfectly. Then, Kessel's pass to set up Bozak to retake the lead was beautifully placed between the Montreal defender's legs. This has been such a chippy game that I have no idea how it will end. As we have seen, both teams are taking turns in the penalty box. It might be the last team to take a penalty losses.

Huge win for Toronto. It sucks that in the next two weeks, the Leafs face the Penguins twice, the Blackhawks, and the Flyers twice. In the position they are in now, they need to play better then .600 hockey in the next few weeks. I think the next three games will really determine if the Leafs can actually aim for a playoff spot or not.

I'd rather see Montreal make a crazy run to first place and Toronto take eighth so we could finally get the playoff series betwern the two teams. It's been so long since the two teams have squared off in the playoffs.

Bryan McCabe is a New York Ranger...

Florida Panthers captain Bryan McCabe has been traded to the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Tim Kennedy and a third-round draft pick.

The hard-shooting McCabe joins his sixth NHL team since being drafted by the New York Islanders in the second round (40th overall) of the 1993 NHL Entry Draft.

The native of St. Catharines, Ont., spent nearly two seasons on Long Island before being part of a trade that saw himself, Todd Bertuzzi and a third-round selection (Jarkko Ruutu) off to the Canucks for Trevor Linden.

McCabe went on to play for the Chicago Blackhawks and Toronto Maple Leafs before joining the Panthers on Sept. 2, 2008.

In 1,116 career NHL games, McCabe has 143 goals, 379 assists and has a plus-36 rating.

Kennedy, 24, has spent the entire year with the Rangers' AHL affiliate in Hartford. With the Buffalo Sabres in 2009-10, Kennedy was a minus-3 with 10 goals and 16 assists in 78 games.

McCabe is earning $5,750,000 this season and will become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=355505