Xbox 360: 250GB

THRASHER

Really depends. If you want more USB ports, a slightly quieter disc drive(noticeable but not that much more quiet), a smaller console, and wireless N out of the box, get the Slim. If you use an Ethernet cable and want to save money(to buy a year of live or a game), go for the Elite.

I'm contemplating gettign it, I'm definately getting a 360 within the next fortnight, but do I get the Slim at £50 more or do I get the Elite for the cheaper price? EWB - help me out!

Oh Benji! This makes me so happy :wub:

My thinking is that I rarely buy games outright now anyway - I rent them. So paying £2.50 to play a 360 game and keeping it for as long as I like isn't bad. And the games I do buy invarably come out on both consoles, it would just mean that it'd be more of an even spread between the two when I do buy games.

Although I've opened one up to put on display in the shop, I can't immediately recall what else was in the box. I'd imagine it'd be like the recent Elites in that they come with a standard AV cable (possibly HD component cable), but no HDMI. So you should be sorted for a standard definition set. Let them know in the shop early on that you don't have an HDTV, if it's anything like our place they'll be alkl over trying to sell you HDMI leads, they're like the easiest accessory to attach to a console sale.

• Like 1

well, right now they have a 6ft HDMI cable special on the front page for 0.96 cents ... shipping to my zip code is 1.73. I'd be paying 2.69 total for an HDMI cable. Yeah.

Just add something to your cart and you can check the shipping to your zip code (US/Can/Other countries tabs)

I've got three cables through them and there's absolutely nothing wrong with them. The one round cable I bought (the other two were flat) is a little stiff, but it's also a short cable (4 ft). But the quality and construction are as good as any 'name' brand or anything.