Sports Trivia

EddieG

Damn Cowboys. I hate them. Anyway...

We'll switch over to baseball for this one. Only one team in Major League history has faced every member of a single division in their World Series appearances. Which team is it, and which division have they faced off against?

Phillies and AL East? 2009 against Yankees, 2008 against Rays, 1993 against Jays, probably faced the Red Sox and Orioles in the past?

That's the one. They faced the Yankees in 2009 and 1950, the Rays in 2008, the Jays in 1993, the Orioles in 1983 and the Red Sox in 1915. Save for the World Series in 1980 against the Royals, it's always been against the AL East.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Some people might remember the Blue Jays winning the 1993 World Series on a walk-off home run by Joe Carter. My question to you: what role did Carter play in the final play of the 1992 World Series?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yes I did :D

Also Carter was playing first because of Cito's desire to get Winfield into the starting lineup even when there was no DH. Personally, I'd have kept Olerud at first and benched Candy Maldonaldo.

Anyhow, your go.

Four active NBA point guards are among the Top 10 all-time in career assists per game. Name them.

Kidd, Nash, CP3, Deron Williams. I know the first two are locks, the last two may not qualify though.

Absolutely correct. Paul's actually sitting 3rd behind Magic and Stockton.