Favorite Guitar Riffs

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but I just bought Appetite For Destruction; Sweet Child O'Mine (not just the opening, the whole thing) and My Michelle (again, the whole track) have to be two of the greatest guitar tunes ever. Especially My Michelle, because everyone loves Sweet Child O'Mine, so it loses its awesomness :P

The opening riff to "Aesthetic" by Between the Buried and Me, and the two-minute interlude/solo on "Ad a Dglgmut".

The last 45 seconds of "The Great Red Shift" by Most Precious Blood - pure crowd sing-along style stuff, even though it's just a basic open-chord breakdown.

Pretty much the entire song, "Letter to the Unborn" by Lamb of God.

The ending of "My Mirror No Longer Reflects" by Poison the Well. Very soft, but STILL gets the entire crowd SCREAMING "END ME!" at every show.

The opening of "Nerdy" by Poison the Well. Simple riff, simple harmonics, very VERY catchy.

The opening riff to "Collision" by As I Lay Dying, catchy stuff. They have incredibly catchy breakdowns, even though every breakdown sounds almost the same and they're in almost EVERY SONG.

The opening of "94 Hours" by As I Lay Dying, though it gets played out fast [considering they use the same riff throughout most of the song].

The interlude of "Open Hands to the Wind" by hopesfall. No words to it, but it comes about a minute into the song, plus the following parts. Just amazing, and it still gives me shivers, even after a couple of years.

The breakdown in "Floater" by Every Time I Die, about 1'10" into the song. Catchy as hell, good build, good pay-off to the rest of the song.

The opening of "Nobody Takes Pictures of the Drummer" by Nora, although by the end, it's worn out.

As you can tell, I'm *huge* on breakdowns. I just love them.

Guest Rubber Band Man

AC?DC Back in Black

AC?DC Highway to Hell

Immigrant Song by Led Zeplin

Paradise City by Guns and Roses

Queen "We Will Rock You"

I have more but can't rember the songs at the moment.

Anyone ever hear Speed Metal Syphony by Cacophany? That's a pretty cool guitar song.

I like the Black Mages takes on the Final Fantasy fight music.

Joe Satriani is awesome. He's a guitar god... the guy is just so technically sound, I'm jealous beyond words.

I could go on and on about guitar, but I'll just stop now <_<

Guest 12characters

Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

Rage Against the Machine - People of the Sun

Soundgarden - Pretty Noose

10:45 Conversations in Amsterdam - Funeral for a Friend (There's 2 in the this. The one at the beginning is good. But the one at the end is amazing.)

Bend Your Arms to Look Like Wings - Funeral for a Friend (The one where the song kicks in)

Broken English - Rise Against (Just, good)

Heaven Knows - Rise Against (Beginning bit, mint)

Don't Look Back Into The Sun - The Libertines (Incredibly catchy)

Almost, anything by CKY, Inhuman Creation Station, 96 Quite Bitter Beings, Flesh into Gear, Sink into the Underground, Sporadic Movements, fuck anything's good.

That No Doubt song, Hella Good or something like that, kick ass guitar though.

The Final Countdown - Europe.

Ther's plenty others that I just can't think of, oooh Play that Funky Music Whiteboy's got to be there too.