The Deep

DFF

Starring James Nesbitt and Mini Driver.

The Orpheus' team of scientists are on a mission to find a renewable source of energy in the depths of the Arctic Ocean. The last team who went died in mysterious circumstances, so the Orpheus crew are already feeling nervous when a salvage inspector unexpectedly joins their mission. What does he know about the lost crew, and who is he working for?

Webby: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tc2kj

First episode was tonight. I thought that, whilst it started a little slowly, the second half of it (in particular the last 20 minutes) were really engaging. I have a feeling that there is going to be some horrendously obvious twist to it all, but it looks like a bot of fun for the next 5 Tuesday nights.

Anyone else watch it?

• 2 weeks later...

Really? No one else?

Just watched the second episode on the iPlayer in preparation for tonight's third episode. I thought it was really good, much better than the first episode - and the third looks good too.

I watched the first two episodes but I don't know if I'll carry on with it. I thought it started off well, but they ruined the reveal of what was on the big ship in the 'next time...' bit at the end of the first episode, and some of the writing has been outright awful. I also hate James Nesbitt, which doesn't help. Maybe it'd be alright if he wasn't limited to three moods - angry, not angry and crying but still a bit angry.