Champions Online

GhostMachine

Just wondering if anyone else here plays Champions Online, has played it and quit, or hasn't played but wants to try it.

Champions Online is a lot more fun than City of Heroes/City of Villains, even though CoH/CoV has better graphics. You're not limited to 2 powersets and Champions Online doesn't uses classes or servers. (Champions Online has instanced zones rather than servers)

(And one of these days I need to change my avatar; I haven't played City of Heroes in over 2 years!)

Edited by GhostMachine

Played it on the free weekends, enjoyed it enough to buy the game, and then suddenly found it incredibly tiresome. The powersets are fantastic and easily the best part of the game; the graphic/art style honestly feels second-rate in comparison to CoH, speaking as someone who tends to solo on MMOs after level... fifteen or so I started finding a lot of the missions and levels to be annoying hard and/or long, and really the whole world feels campy and derivative (Oh, hey, I'm rescuing what are blatantly the entire cast of Anchorman spouting out barely rewritten lines from the movie!).

Played it on the free weekends, enjoyed it enough to buy the game, and then suddenly found it incredibly tiresome. The powersets are fantastic and easily the best part of the game; the graphic/art style honestly feels second-rate in comparison to CoH, speaking as someone who tends to solo on MMOs after level... fifteen or so I started finding a lot of the missions and levels to be annoying hard and/or long, and really the whole world feels campy and derivative (Oh, hey, I'm rescuing what are blatantly the entire cast of Anchorman spouting out barely rewritten lines from the movie!).

The Canadian Crisis has you rescuing characters from LOST (names changed, obviously)!

They're slowly adding more content to the game, but from about lvl 15 to 20-22 its kind of weak unless you like doing desert missions. The Canadian missions around that level are a royal pain.

Edited by GhostMachine

I've played it and quit for some reason, but I might just return because I don't find Age Of Conan to be that interesting even though I am huge Robert E. Howard fan. It is fun and has a huge dedicated community, at least from what I gather reading the forums.