I'll Have A Battle, Please

I'd like to have a graphics battle, so consider this an open challenge to anyone in the GFX Forums!

I've spoken to Mister Norro and he's agreed to lend the judging hand.

So here's what I need:

-An opponent (or opponents, I suppose)

-Suggestions on a Topic and Size

-A due date that will work for both myself and my opponent(s).

Let's make the GFX forum interesting, huh? :)

count me in... if you wanna see if i'm up to scratch I have a thread here with a lot of my work or a flickr account... http://www.flickr.com/photos/brocknroll/

If you need rules/theme, I'd be glad to offer some up. I understand if you want someone more graphically oriented to participate. I'd judge as well, if you like, although I'd have a purely aesthetic point of view, not technical ability.

Wallpaper

'Surfing a Sound Wave'

Pretty open ended, and I think you could do some cool stuff with that theme idea.

If you need rules/theme, I'd be glad to offer some up. I understand if you want someone more graphically oriented to participate. I'd judge as well, if you like, although I'd have a purely aesthetic point of view, not technical ability.

Wallpaper

'Surfing a Sound Wave'

Pretty open ended, and I think you could do some cool stuff with that theme idea.

Well I'm pretty content with that challenging concept, DMN.

I've got Norro judging already but I don't mind having multiple judges by any means. The more the merrier, yeah?

yeah saturday sounds good for me.. mind you I am in Australia and it is currently Thursday 10.00am so saturday is in two days for me :-p

happy with the rules, so if your happy with them Drew, I'll get stuck into it

Just post it mate, I was still ready to judge (Y)

Plus most graphics battles involve the posting of the pieces in the topic itself so some public dialogue can go on about them as well. Get some critique from others before/after the verdict is laid down to help you develop more and all that.

Just post it mate, I was still ready to judge (Y)

Plus most graphics battles involve the posting of the pieces in the topic itself so some public dialogue can go on about them as well. Get some critique from others before/after the verdict is laid down to help you develop more and all that.

Sure man, can do.

surfingsoundwave.jpg

And there you have it. Let the discussion commence, I suppose.

I like it... It's on theme, and you're not exactly drawn away to specific regions... It's viewable as a whole...

Only one picky thing :P

The colour is just cut off clean in the bottom right corner above your name.

After noticing it originally I'm drawn to it :rolleyes: & now everyone else will see it :unsure:

I like it... It's on theme, and you're not exactly drawn away to specific regions... It's viewable as a whole...

Only one picky thing :P

The colour is just cut off clean in the bottom right corner above your name.

After noticing it originally I'm drawn to it :rolleyes: & now everyone else will see it :unsure:

LOL.

Man, I'll be honest, I realized my name wasn't anywhere on the entry and didn't know if that was expected around here or not, so I wanted it to be moderately translucent.

Well rather what he's saying is that the color abruptly shifts in a diagonal line from brights to shadows, and that the area it occurs is directly above your watermark. Watermarks are great, we don't discourage them, it's just that in this case he was using it as more of a landmark on the graphic to point something out :P

We do discourage them if your graphics are terrible, but yours was pretty sexy. The blending in the bottom right corner is probably the only thing I dislike (the way the tail gets black at random rather than slowly fading away).

• Like 1