***Spoilers*** Survivor:Nicaragua

sahyder1

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THE EPISODE FROM LAST WEEK

What did you think of the cast? Any favorites yet?

I don't have a favorite yet but am definitely intrigued to see how far Jimmy Johnson and Kelly the amputee will go. I am not going to judge the Medallion of Power just yet. One team having the advantage in the immunity challenges can get old.

Kelly the amputee is an early favorite for me. But I can tell you now, there aren't many candidates for people I like. Most of the 'Young Tribe' annoys the shit out of me. Likewise for the 'Old Tribe'. I'd have to say Kelly the amputee, Jimmy Johnson, and Jud seem to be the ones I hope go far, and am really pulling for the Old Tribe because the young'uns are getting on my nerves.

NaOnka needs to go NOW. I hate that chick, she is such a bitch. She thinks she is all that and all, but I really hope the young tribe gets sick of her and get her out of there.

I am all ready sick of the Medallion of Power. I can understand why they added it (the probably felt it would give an even playing field for the Old Tribe) but I just dont see the appeal of this team has an advantage, now this team does, etc.

As Ron said, there aren't a lot of people to root for this season and the ones that I like have huge targets so I'll probably end up hating everyone in the final 7. The young team just committed suicide on this last episode with the way they voted. The Medallion of Power is a decent twist, but they should have made it so that each tribe could only use it once for the whole game. If they can just trade it back and forth, you're probably just trading immunity challenge wins back and forth.

In regards to the Medallion of Power, I can see why they added it. It does add a bitore strategy into the gameplay. If you're going to use it you better be sure that it will help you win that challenge. Probst mentioned in his blog that the challenge in week 1 was supposed to be a lot harder but the tribes created a shortcut that the producers weren't expecting.

As for the cast, where dd they find these idiots? These guys are making way too many amateur mistakes. This is Season 21 right? Have these people not been watching? Do they really need to read a chapter from "How not to act like an idiot at Tribal 101?"

Yeah this season's gameplay so far is pretty stupid. Stealing someones shoes and tossing them, then admitting to it in front of everyone plus calling people out people and giving out strategic gameplay during tribal is equally stupid. Seriously, who admits openly that they've been playing both sides? The medallion of power is a pretty lame idea too, I miss Exile Island but I guess they can't have that around too long before it got stale (unless some people already thought it was. <_<)

For the love of God, please get rid of NaOnka. I am sick of her, she just annoys the hell out of me...

Well, it happened, I figured Jimmy Johnson wouldn't last long, and last night he went. But the old people keeping Danny instead of him is laughable, that guy does nothing, oh well. Be interesting to see what happens now.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why but this season's group of male contestants are trying to hand the game to the vagina collective. I've never seen this many men voted off pre-merge with the BS excuse that they're trying to "strengthen the tribe". You've got a guy who has sat out almost every challenge and can barely walk, a chick that snapped early on and buried that player's shoes at the bottom of the sea, a psycho that knocked over a one legged woman and apparently those are the people that are VITAL to the strategies of the power players this year.

• 2 months later...

Anyone else still watching this season? I'm expecting some craziness in the final 2 episodes. There are still 6 people left after those 2 clowns quit last week but only 2 episodes left. Who do you guys think wins at this point?

Edited by sahyder1

• 4 weeks later...

One of the best seasons of late. So many great storylines, so many great characters, and not all of them were gone before the merge. We still had NaOnka, Marty, Brenda, Sasha, Fabio, Chase, Jane, Holly around at the merge, and all of them were great, developed characters. Especially in hindsight of recent seasons that heavily focused on two or three characters, it was great to see so many well developed characters. I think it was fairly obvious the last episode who was going to win. It was the perfect ending to a season. A cocky alliance setting up their own downfall. They treated people miserably on their way out, they burnt so many bridges and they screwed up the most important vote of the season - voting Benry out instead of Fabio. When Fabio won back to back to back immunities, it was so obvious who was going to win.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Fabio said in an interview that he was told that the margin was supposed to be even more in his favor. A couple of the jury members gave Chase sympathy vote because they didn't want him to be shut out. Sash got shut out because he supposedly told Jane if she took him to the end he would pay off her mortgage. What an idiot.