Minecraft!

Sousa

I suck at this game. I keep getting killed and losing all my shit. Its totally pissing me off...

so why can't I stop playing?

Honestly, enjoy it while you can. Once you realise exactly how to stay safe, the game becomes more like 'peaceful' difficulty without the ability to go out at night. :/

Or you can grow balls and become an assassin. I plan on going out into the night and taking the war to them..

I just need to build up an arsenal.

Edited by Rocky Feller

Has anyone tried any of the various ways to play with a controller? I found a link online explaing how to play with my ps3 controller and I'm gonna try that.

Edited by Kirkland

ok i just downloaded the game after I paid, I hit run and it brought it up, but is there a way to put a minecraft icon on my desktop?

ok i just downloaded the game after I paid, I hit run and it brought it up, but is there a way to put a minecraft icon on my desktop?

Find the minecraft exe file(Which I think is in C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft on Windows 7), right click it, and create shortcut.

Thanks! I'm quite enjoying this game so far, I got killed once but now that I've got the controls to my liking things are going smoothly.

Fuckin Skeleton got in my house and murdered me at my chest and now I'm hiding in a hole underground waiting for day

minecraft-1.png

Edited by Kirkland

Can you collect lava in a bucket? i just spent like 5 min inside my fort at a lava fall I found trying till i caught fire and lost half my stuff

also

powerrangercraft.png

I'm a Power Ranger.Awesome

Edited by Kirkland

Cool, 2 more questions, is there a way to save my controls set up? As it is every time I launch the game I have to set them back to the way I like. Also I've looked at skins and textures and I'm wondering is it possible to just change the way mobs look?Blending in creepers are really getting too me.

Edited by Kirkland

I think there is ways to do them separately but I have no idea how...

I need to find textures for the post-Beta items like dye, sandstone etc.

Although, my sandstone acts as a window into the underworld just like World-Hole would and I can see all the underground caverns etc.

If I'm growing trees underground do I need to put torches around the sappling on the ground? If so I've wasted about 100 torches on the walls of a room <_<

To grow trees underground I suggest your ceiling has to be 9 blocks above so that the tree trunks can grow to a maximum of 6 blocks.

This means you won't need to stand on anything to reach the top logs.

The way I have my Tree Garden set up is as such...

Not to scale

Yellow = lights (on ground)

White = Saplings

6zmss5.jpg

You get the picture. I don't have any spaces between any of them and every now and then I'll go and cut them down. Usually about 5-10 trees per visit.

@ TKz... I guess you can go there to get Glow-Stone and such. Possibly just to travel to far off reaches of your world in a shorter span of time.

Edited by Rocky Feller

Thanks, looks like I'll have to expand my tree room a bit,I guess I'll do that after I finish my tower.

I haven't even started to build upwards yet... or downwards.

To be honest, my tree farm isn't even underground :shifty:

2vsja7b.jpg

Ye Humble Abode!

The water out front is my Mob Trap, I use my fishing rod to reel in creepers and claim the sulphur when they drown.

Through the window there are double doors which lead to my boat docks. A sort of backdoor entrance.

2d6txdk.jpg

Here is the aforementioned boat dock, equipped with boat chest and easy dismount point.

jj8itt.jpg

Down the stairs along 1 hallway you'll find the garden.

A classic "got-not-room" garden.

12X4 blocks, 2 storey with wheat and cane growing in both upper and lower garden beds.

Lower garden accessible via ladder.

351697r.jpg

A birds-eye view of my tree garden so you can seemingly make out the layout.

The top of the picture has a fence which is my garden lookout.

a439rp.jpg

The view from my look out, Comes with Sofa and decorative art.

A small donation must be given to access this room.

mwshnt.jpg

The "Bar" room.

Mainly just to hide the secrets of the Portal deep below. (which I haven't made yet)

To open the door below, again, you must "donate" an item and hope you're not down there too long before the door closes behind you.

I should probably start building up or down at some point, but I haven't really got any plans. I just build as I go.

Edited by Rocky Feller

Made my first trip into The Nether yesterday. Is there actually any reason to go in there over than to get your ass handed to you by Ghasts?

I use it to travel to other areas once I've exhausted the local mines and/or to try to find new biomes when I'm bored of my current one and/or to actually find a place that will fucking grow some pumpkins.

How's that work? I've heard of it being used for fast travel to other places in the overworld, but I've not quite figured out how that'd work yet. Would you just build another portal somewhere in The Nether and hope for the best?

Also any tips on surviving in there?

The Nether isn't that hard to survive in, particularly if you don't commit yourself to building in a straight line over lava pits. Keep moving, but be careful; there are more perilous drops in the Nether than in the real world. Ghasts honestly aren't that big a deal; they're slow enough that they won't get you if you stay on your toes. Zombie pigmen are worse, but they don't attack unless you hit them first, so you can avoid them. To be honest, in my U GON DIE game I got way lost in the Nether, spent probably twenty minutes there, and finally found my way back after having taken zero damage. So it's not that bad.

Just lay down blocks that aren't native behind you (cobble works great for this) to set up a trail of breadcrumbs between portals. Don't be afraid to mine into the walls; it's safe, there aren't ghasts in there, and you'll still be able to continue your forward momentum. Just don't walk right up against the wall as you dig, or you might fall a zillion feet.

So yeah, the Nether's not bad.