Pokéfest 2010

Benji

Hmm, may have to, yeah. (The reason I'm failing to think of these TM solutions is that I never use any of them normally. Eveeeerr.)

It's a little annoying, because I don't necessarily want Paras to just become a big TM/HM-loaded utility player... I kind of want Slash, Giga Drain and Aromatherepy from the moves he normally learns.

If I need load more TM/HMs on him though, I may just be forced to catch another Paras and have two. :shifty:

Ground types are very dry and very un-bug-like and consequently entirely unwelcome in my team.

There are actually two Bug/Ground types. Unfortunately:

1) One is a first-stage Pokemon (Nincada)

2) One is really really bad (Wormadam-G)

3) They are from GenIII and GenIV, so unavailable in FRLG.

I think putting Dig on your Paras would be the best option. The whole Electric/Steel thing of Magnemite will mean they won't enjoy being hit with Dig, so it could work quite well.

And besides, you can always replace Dig later on if you so choose.

Lt. Surge went down like a bitch to Dig, huzzah.

I'm temporarily carrying a Meowth in my team because I didn't want to teach Cut to any of my 'real' team members... He won't be used in any battles though - just as my pet cat that I throw at trees. :shifty:

Onwards! To Rock Tunnel!

Lt. Surge went down like a bitch to Dig, huzzah.

I'm temporarily carrying a Meowth in my team because I didn't want to teach Cut to any of my 'real' team members... He won't be used in any battles though - just as my pet cat that I throw at trees. :shifty:

Onwards! To Rock Tunnel!

I consider that still following the rules since you don't use him in battle.

Just beat Erika. It's at around this stage that Bug pokemon begin to pay off - I look forward to having Beedrill Twineedle Sabrina's Alakazam to death. :shifty:

Used Butterfree to do virtually everything in the Celadon City Gym, which is why he's snuck ahead by a few levels. Still yet to find any new bug/water pokemon to add to the team... Oh well, off to get the Silph Scope.

Lv.35 Butterfree

Lv.31 Paras

Lv.30 Squirtle

Lv.30 Gyarados

Lv.30 Beedrill

Battled Misty, Oddish took out Staryu by poisoning him and absorbing his lifebto death. Next was Starmie taken out by Pikachu using thunderwave to paralyze followed by thundershock to finish it off. None of my Pokemon can learn Bubblebeam so I'll keep it for later.

Now in Vermillion City I trade my Spearow for a Farfetch'd (I don't bother giving him a nickname since he won't be in my party. On the S.S. Anne I found TM 44 which taught rest to my Charmeleon. Beat my rival down again. Took out his Pidgeotto by using Graveler to throw rocks at it. Beat his Rattata with Charmeleons Ember. Beat his Kadabra with my Kadabra and his seismic toss ability. Finally beat down his Wartortle with Pikachus thundershock.

Obtained the Cut HM from the captain and taught it to Farfetch'd; no reason to bog down my battle team with useless HM's. Traded Graveler and Kadabra to evolve them into Golem and Alakazam.

Then went to the gym and dispatched of Surge easily. His Voltorb went down thanks to Butterfrees Supersonic and Confusion attacks. Voltorb took itself out. His Pikachu fell victim to Gloom's acid. I purposely withheld Oddish from evolving so it could learn acid earlier. Finally Raichu fell victim to Golem who dug his way to victory. Earned TM 24 Thunderbolt and taught it to Pikachu.

Current Roster:

Burnatrix - Lv. 27 Charmeleon

Dasdude - Lv. 27 Golem

Goddish - Lv. 26 Gloom

Houdini - Lv. 26 Alakazam

Butters - Lv. 25 Butterfree

Joltsax - Lv. 26 Pikachu

Hm, for some reason I had it in my head that Beedrill was Bug/Flying, when of course he is Bug/Poison.

Twineedle would be super-effective though. Maybe I could get lucky. :P

You're going to need a lot of luck. Just looking at your team, unless you pick up a Staryu and evolve it or something, you're going to be fucked against Sabrina. Alakazam is a beast.