iDOM 2010: Top Stories of the Past Two Years

IDOL

iDOL, I'm genuinely honoured that that promo has been formative for the plans for GLAM! For my money it's one of the best promotions in the iDOM canon and I love that you've taken the "renegade" angle on the promotion which I certainly found great creative fodder.

Looking more widely, this is shaping up to be a great addition to the iDOM family with some very sensible and well-justified roster changes as well as a realistic demise of the indy feds which were in the former scenario. I can't wait to see how the super indy of the AWA/SMW pans out.

• 2 weeks later...
CM PUNK, ECW SAVIOR?

333331bf7f974db92ea208ab290e99ba100.jpg

After winning the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Championship, and leaving his home territory of Windy City Wrestling, many expected big things for the self proclaimed "Straight Edge Superstar." For years prior, Punk had been all the rage of internet fans who voiced their opinions of the Chicago native who had been putting on spectacular bouts in WCW. Once his run as NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion came to a close, CM Punk had found himself one of the hottest unsigned acts in all of the NWA. When he revealed that he had signed with ECW, who were going through a reinvention of sorts, many thought Punk didn't fit in. He didn't to be truthful, and he used that to his full advantage.

In the weeks leading to his debut, video promos aired hyping his "Straight Edge" lifestyle, much to the dismay of ECW's drunken band of fans that many had often dubbed as "The Mutants." Claiming that his only addiction was "competition," Punk debuted in Eastern Championship Wrestling and made it known that he was there to stay - and to play with the big boys as he called out The Sandman - the living, breathing, drunken example of the lifestyle Punk so feverishly rejected. With Punk coming out on the winning end of the feud with The Sandman, he soon became ECW's most hated act, and in turn its most marketable star - finally giving the company a new face they could build the future of the company around.

• Like 4