Commonwealth Games = Delhi 2010

Lineker

It was pretty good to watch 4 years back in Melbourne, we have a channel here that is basically just showing the Comm Games for the whole time it's on. I found rugby 7's quite interesting last time, and any time when someone from a tiny place like Niue or Montserrat does well is great to see.

Things I have learnt today from the Commonwealth Games:

1. Every buggers got Delhi belly.

2. England won a gold in the greco-roman wrestling. Yay! Said Englishman is called Myroslav Dykun, and is actually from the Ukraine. Boo!

Local media are getting ready to go mad now one of our boys got a gold in the mens gymnastics. Someone has to get extremely excited though since the people of Delhi have no intention of doing so. Unrelated but an excuse coming from the organisers anyway, do the commonwealths normally have this many of the bigger names pull out? A lot of events we seem to have sent third/fourth string competitors and I'm sure others are doing similar.

I was in Delhi during the month of August, so having the opportunity to see the controversy or what have you in the lead-up to the Games has given me a reason to actually care about them. It's a very big deal for people in India, they look at it as a huge step in their development. So I'm hoping it goes off well, there's been a lot of issues the past few months but I have hopes they'll have everything together to make these games good.

A big deal for the man and a dog watching at the actual events and on TV?

The games are a mess.

The latest thing to happen: a scoreboard has fallen down somewhere.

Edited by Emperor DC

The highlight has been that the BBC clearly cares so little that over the course of the games I've seen "England" mis-spelt once, and one person captioned as competing in "Shat Put".

• Like 1