Hamster's self-enforced playthrough list

As mentioned in the other thread, I suck at completing games. So I'm going to go through my old games and churn through some - better than spending all my money on new games. I do balance video gaming with a number of other hobbies, a job and a wife so I won't be demolishing my way through the games but I owe myself to finish more games I haven't yet.

So let's start with one of my first PS3 games - Heavenly Sword. I love it, I just originally got frustrated with a big boss fight (THE big boss fight?!) This time, however, I shall fight to the bitter end. I'm looking forward to it though, I remember the graphics being gorgeous, the Heavenly Sword a fun weapon to wield, the main protagonists immensely likeable and the archery sections with the six axis LOADS of fun. So let's see if it's as good as I remember.

<center>GAME 1: Heavenly Sword

STARTED: 6th October 2010

928391_20070910_screen001.jpg</center>

Heavenly Sword is a lot of fun, but chances are you got frustrated on THE big battle. The same thing happened for me, and it took me a little while to finish it off. The game's good fun, and pretty short so on the positive it should help you get knock this one off your list quickly.

They used Andy Serkis for the motion capture and, most importantly for cut scenes, mouth motion capture.

Anyway, I've progressed quite well over the last couple of nights where I've played an hour or so each time.

Fought Flying Fox for the first time and just killed Whiptail before going to bed last night.

It's as fun and gorgeous as I remember. In fact, I'm trying to get deeper with the combat this time around with all the combos, super kills etc and it's definitely more than button bashing.

Also, any time Twing Twang comes into play it's excellent.

I'm coming up to my favourite chunk of play soon....

Nariko has to fight in a pit having lost the Heavenly Sword while Kae goes to get it, shooting plenty of enemies on the way with arrows, flaming and otherwise....then gets it back to her and when you have the Heavenly Sword again it's extremely empowering.

That is basically the only really amazing thing about the game, in my book. The cutscenes are some of the best I've ever seen, the voicework is good, okay, but the facial expressions are so fucking incredibly, particularly Serkis' own character. Really, really impressed with it, but the gameplay was pretty mediocre.

• 2 months later...

I'm in the UK and have been for nearly a month so haven't been able to carry this on.

When I left it, Kai's in the cage with Flying Fox. It's all going to end in tears. :crying:

I will have to have a LOT of self control to finish that though as I will be taking Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Fallout Vegas and Cricket 2010 back with me.

Wassent the deal playing the old stuff before buying to much new? :shifty: At least thats what i need to do... why spend money on stuff i don´t use to much in the end anyway even if it might be awsome. I think with the games and the time i have i could make it to 2011 without buying a new game but always having something new to play.