Survivor: Redemption Island

sahyder1

Who do you like better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

2. 2. Who do you think would do better in the 1vs1 Redemption Island battles?

3. 3. Do you think one of the two makes it to the final 3?

Everyone who says "just keep Russell around" always ignores that he is useless around camp. A lot of players have said that in their exit interviews. It is much easier to get rid of him. I don't hold the throwing the challenge last against them because regardless Russell was going to be first one voted out. Plus it is not like he was some force of nature in the challenges.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Sahyder I agree, keeping Russell wasn't necessary. But neither was throwing the challenge. Apparently the Zaps thought they would never lose, and needed to lose intentionally to vote Russell off. Inevitable they would've lost eventually and than could've voted him off and may have had one more person there for the merge.

Though in that situation that one person would've been Stephanie probably and she would've flipped. But she would have made things very interesting.

Everyone who says "just keep Russell around" always ignores that he is useless around camp. A lot of players have said that in their exit interviews. It is much easier to get rid of him. I don't hold the throwing the challenge last against them because regardless Russell was going to be first one voted out. Plus it is not like he was some force of nature in the challenges.

I'm not forgetting that hes useless around camp, nor am I acting like hes a "force in challenges" but that point I was trying to make was wouldn't you want to bring someone with experience into a merge? If for nothing else, then an instant heat magnet (no doubt, thats how Rob would aim for right off the bat), who may somehow able to buy you atleast a little more in the game and no doubt, create a little crack in the Ometepe six that maybe the other Zaps could have worked on afterwards? I know its playing with fire, atleast with Russell but in my opinion, I'd rather have experiance on my side.

To me atleast, that lack of experiance that they had really hurt them in the long run, they where fish in a bucket waiting to get shot. Mind you, no one could have really predicted the type of game play Boston Rob was going to bring into the game this time around, so maybe, just maybe losing Russell this time around wasn't a big lose, since he would have never probably got far enough into the game post-merge anyways to cause the choas that he employs to make it to the end.

I don't hold the throwing the challenge last against them because regardless Russell was going to be first one voted out.

Who cares? Of course he was going first. But if they can beat Ometepe in a challenge they need to beat Ometepe in a challenge. They didn't, they started to give up their edge, and when the challenges really started skewing towards Rob and Grant's skillsets they paid for it. Throwing the challenge was stupid. It's never, ever, ever a good idea. It wasn't a good idea when Drake did it to get rid of Burton in Pearl Islands, and it wasn't a good idea here.