Survivor: Redemption Island

sahyder1

Who do you like better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

2. 2. Who do you think would do better in the 1vs1 Redemption Island battles?

3. 3. Do you think one of the two makes it to the final 3?

In fairness to The Zaps who have admittedly really mismanaged this game, Phil was never going to flip to work with them, he's playing for 2nd or 3rd place, not 6th or 7th. If he did turn on Rob it would be with smaller numbers, and if you watch during the pre-merge challenges, it almost seems like he has a real animosity towards them.

The Zaps main problem is that their own strategy of staying united until the smaller weaker threat is eliminated is being used against them, and they are completely unprepared for it. If Grant or Andrea is smart they'll work something out with Steve/Julie and MAYBE Ralph before it's too late to save themselves, but no Ometepe EXCEPT for Matt had a reason to flip with Mike and David around just so they could draw rocks if it went bad, or be at the bottom of an entirely unknown and untested alliance if it went right.

And as a stupid aside? If he's really carried to FTC I hope Phillip wins just so the reunion show runs for like 8 hours.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness to The Zaps who have admittedly really mismanaged this game, Phil was never going to flip to work with them, he's playing for 2nd or 3rd place, not 6th or 7th. If he did turn on Rob it would be with smaller numbers, and if you watch during the pre-merge challenges, it almost seems like he has a real animosity towards them.

Oh yeah, Philip already had a strategy going into the merge. He came to peace with the fact he's the annoying guy and he embraced it, knowing it will get him far. But Zapa didn't know this, they should have at least tried.

Also, how underwhelming has David been in this game? Throughout the season we constantly heard he was good at puzzles etc, he lost all of them so far (one on purpose). He has to battle Grant and Mike in a puzzle and loses miserably to GRANT. Sure, Grant might have just been slamming pieces together, but he still solved it. People also refer to David as a smart, strategic player, even Rob, yet he has done absolutely NOTHING. They chose him over Sarita simply because they were too stupid to realize a merge was coming.

If I was a Zap, after Matt was voted out, I'd suck at challenges, act like I had no desire to make any strategic moves. With 5 Zaps, no one on Ome is comfortable enough to make a big move. When there are 1 or 2 of them left around, that's probably when a person like Andrea or Phillip or Grant is going to flip. Sure winning Immunity buys you another week, but look at Steve: sucking at challenges and acting like you have no desire to stick around bought him another week.

Edited by RockPaperScissors

Also, how underwhelming has David been in this game? Throughout the season we constantly heard he was good at puzzles etc, he lost all of them so far (one on purpose). He has to battle Grant and Mike in a puzzle and loses miserably to GRANT. Sure, Grant might have just been slamming pieces together, but he still solved it. People also refer to David as a smart, strategic player, even Rob, yet he has done absolutely NOTHING. They chose him over Sarita simply because they were too stupid to realize a merge was coming.

Uh...have we been watching the same season? David was a huge reason why they won the first challenge. When they were on a ridiculous losing streak he had the right idea in trying to take down Stephanie.

What exactly should he have done differently? We're supposed to call him stupid because he lost one puzzle to Grant? Probst has been raving about him being the smartest guy to ever make it on to one of their seasons. He got a horrible edit in episode one which people like Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly said made Russel seem like the leader when it was David who won it for them. Russell even talked about how David was about to align with him but jumped back when he saw where the numbers were going. He was smart enough to see that Russell was a target and made the right move unlike Stephanie.

Uh...have we been watching the same season? David was a huge reason why they won the first challenge. When they were on a ridiculous losing streak he had the right idea in trying to take down Stephanie.

What exactly should he have done differently? We're supposed to call him stupid because he lost one puzzle to Grant? Probst has been raving about him being the smartest guy to ever make it on to one of their seasons. He got a horrible edit in episode one which people like Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly said made Russel seem like the leader when it was David who won it for them. Russell even talked about how David was about to align with him but jumped back when he saw where the numbers were going. He was smart enough to see that Russell was a target and made the right move unlike Stephanie.

He has done nothing to show me he's a special player. He has a high IQ, yes, but did it show so far? The way you describe it, David got a terrible edit, which is also possible.

The deal with David and Russell's alliance, I think, was that he was initially going to align with him and then he and Stephanie had a huge falling out that, for whatever reason, wasn't shown at all. So it might have partially been strategy but it was also partially two kind of cocky, abrasive people bouncing off each other.

Goodbye David, you got mildly amusing in the end, and I believe I will miss you.

Phile playing the race card was just... magical. That was in no way called for. Steve is a miracle worker to keep dignity and some civility in that situation. I'm not certain I would have been able to.

And sure it's petty and trivial and more than a little mean spirited but I applaude the zaps for refusing to allow Phile to pool the rice. If you pool the rice into one container it becomes community property and then you get Phile and Ashley griping at you because you're eating too much.

If you're next in line to go no matter what you do, eating more and depriving your opponents of the same priviledge can only be useful, especially if they're the ones that established a division within the groups.

I agree that Matt needs to go, and Probst feeding him with that "you won again" bullshit... He didn't win again. Mike beat him, if redemption island made sense he'd be sitting on the jury right now with David.

God is not carrying you Matt, Burnett is. Learn the difference.

Another fantastic episode in which Philip once again stole the show. I'm 100% sure Philip is playing it up, saying stuff like 'yes I AM crazy, don't you ever forget that', which will probably carry him to the end of the game and ultimately to the money (not the million dollars though, losers money, but still money). He also said he has come to peace with the fact he's going to side with Rob until the end instead of trying to blindside him. He knows Rob wants someone like him at the end, so he's safe.

Rob breezed through this episode, he hardly had to make any hard strategic decisions. He won immunity, which I was really happy with because every episode I have this stinking feeling he'll get blindsided. I'm sure Julie was Rob's choice and I think it's a good one. If they had waited to put Julie into Redemption Island last, she might have won and then won the game. She's too likable. She still might go all the way ofcourse, but now she at least has to go through several players. Steve won't win anything. Ralph is just....Ralph, he's not a threat strategically. He might win a immunity once though, but that's it.

Only annoying thing about this season is Matt's CONSTANT obsession with God. We don't give a shit about your crazy beliefs. God carried me through this, god wants me to side with Rob, god wants me back in Redemption Island and fight again. What a crock of shit. God has better things to do then carry your ass through Survivor.

Next All-Stars, or Fans vs. Favorites, Philip WILL be back. Speaking of, I'd love another FvF.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Oh, yeah, Philip is a lock for a future season unless he completely gives away that it's an act at the finale. On Twitter Jeff Probst seemed to imply that he wants David to get another shot at the show as well which I don't think he's said about anyone else from this season thusfar.

I don't think there was a need to vote off Andrea. Everyone is fine with Andrea getting voted out, so even if Matt comes back it won't due her any good unless she somehow makes the final three and than Matt and someone else come back evening things up. Rob has a pretty strong control over the other 4 members of that group.

I would just as soon Andrea win it over the other two girls though anyway.

I think Rob's ideal top 3 is Phillip and Natalie with him. Grant is going to be tough though due to his challenges success.

This season on Survivor, Boston Rob is great at everything and Zapatera sucks at everything.

And there's a Black Coach! :w00t:

There might be a recap episode just because Probst said they have so much great footage this season. Notice how every episode starts with the short intro, not the entire intro with all the names. IIRC Samoa basically always had the long intro because the characters weren't well established enough. Shows how shit that season was. A midget hogging the camera + clueless random people following him 'till the end.

Please no recap episode this season <_<

Probst already said there wasn't going to be one. There are only 3 episodes left in the season. Tonight, next Thursday and the 3 hour finale on the Sunday after that.

Last weeks show had its moments. I still can't believe Phillip got his shorts back. I almost have to call shenanigans. Really interested to see where things go with Ometepe today. Could very well be the most important Tribal Council of the season. Them giving Grant only a couple of minutes to eat that cake last week was cruel though.

Please no recap episode this season <_<

Probst already said there wasn't going to be one. There are only 3 episodes left in the season. Tonight, next Thursday and the 3 hour finale on the Sunday after that.

Last weeks show had its moments. I still can't believe Phillip got his shorts back. I almost have to call shenanigans. Really interested to see where things go with Ometepe today. Could very well be the most important Tribal Council of the season. Them giving Grant only a couple of minutes to eat that cake last week was cruel though.

I also found this very peculiar. Same feeling I had when Russell found all those idols. It just makes for too good TV to be true almost. His ancestors talked to him and he immediately find his shorts the second try <_< Ah well, Philip is awesome anyway.

Also, :w00t: for no recap ep.

Was tonight's challenge the greatest one they've ever had? See....this is what Survivor challenges should be like. Can't say I'm all that surprised that Andrea was the one to go. Really interested to see the dynamic between her Matt next week at Redemption Island. Could she be the one to finally knock him out of the game?

Redemption Island pisses me off, because even if you bide your time, and vote off a threat like grant, or wait until you can blindside Rob, they get pretty much a free pass into the final four if they win one challenge.

When Judd won immunities in a row it meant something, because he had to win. You don't have to win Redemption Island yet or Individual Immunity at all.

The season just seems a little bleh..

Redemption Island is driving me nuts. I want it over with already. I don't even want anyone in it to still be in the show, especially not if it's fucking Matt. If it catapults whoever into the final three immediately I will be deeply frustrated, especially if it's Matt.