Survivor: Redemption Island

sahyder1

Who do you like better?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like better?

2. 2. Who do you think would do better in the 1vs1 Redemption Island battles?

3. 3. Do you think one of the two makes it to the final 3?

I don't think they go to pick their teams. Read the EW article I linked to earlier today. It seems like people randomly picked buffs. All this talk of Russel manipulating people....just who has he manipulated exactly? Aside from Shambo how many people can you really say were basically following Russel blindly? The Foa Foa 4 had no choice but to stick together. Russel wasn't a genius there. Heck, Natalie orchestrated the Erik vote that changed the game. In Heroes vs Villains, Boston Rob got screwed by Tyson (ok, partial credit to Russel there) and then by Coach and his hypocrisy. Heck, Pavrati was playing him throughout. He couldn't even keep his "Queen" in lie.

Rob dominated an entire season in All-Stars and that was without the use of Immunity Idols.

Honestly, I think the season will do just fine even if the two of them get voted out. I think the Redemption Island twist will add intrigue to it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they go to pick their teams. Read the EW article I linked to earlier today. It seems like people randomly picked buffs. All this talk of Russel manipulating people....just who has he manipulated exactly? Aside from Shambo how many people can you really say were basically following Russel blindly? The Foa Foa 4 had no choice but to stick together. Russel wasn't a genius there. Heck, Natalie orchestrated the Erik vote that changed the game. In Heroes vs Villains, Boston Rob got screwed by Tyson (ok, partial credit to Russel there) and then by Coach and his hypocrisy. Heck, Pavrati was playing him throughout. He couldn't even keep his "Queen" in lie.

Rob dominated an entire season in All-Stars and that was without the use of Immunity Idols.

Honestly, I think the season will do just fine even if the two of them get voted out. I think the Redemption Island twist will add intrigue to it.

The editing made Russell look awesome but I have always found Boston Rob a better player. Rob had the dominant alliance with him as the don in HvV. They were winning because of his leadership. He was well liked by basically everyone except for the outcasts Parvati, Danielle and Russell. Tyson switched his vote 'cause he wanted Parvati out, which was retarded because they could have easily done that the next vote. Tyson claims a lot more happened on the island and he didn't change his vote because of Russell, they just edited it that way. Rob would have won at least 2 or 3 individual immunities, so I think he could have won the game. I do give Russell credit for swinging Jerry to his side. He can create the idea that people are safe with him, which is a quality. Parvati was the MVP of the season though.

I don't know if I would call it manipulating players, but Russel had a lot of influence in deciding who went out on his own tribe. I'll admit that it's moot because it was Natalie who swayed people to vote for Erik, which made it so Foa Foa had any chance of surviving after the merge.

• 1 month later...

Season premier tonight. Entertainment weekly put up a four part interview that they recorded with Boston Rob and Russel before the filming started. It is interesting that Boston Rob stays low key during most of it while Russel is.....well Russel.

As always be careful not to scroll all the way down to the comments section of these videos as idiots like to post spoilers.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

They also conducted an interview with Jeff Probst.

There is also this 7 minute clip from Probst where he gives some background info on the two tribes.

Here is preview of the

Great first episode. A lot of it played out like I thought it would. I figured Rob was likely to be embraced by his tribe and as a fan I approve of that. Really interested to see how long Russell manages to stay in the game.

I liked the immunity challenge. Russell's tribe having one extra man certainly helped them but it was great to see Boston Rob's tribe at least make it a lot closer then it looked like it would be.

Phillip was a character. Seriously, your big bold move consists of you telling everyone that you are a former Federal Agent? Really? Tuesday night on Jimmy Fallon's show Probst said they couldn't even verify that he was a former federal agent. That being said, he's still an idiot. When will people learn? It is a simple Survivor rule. Loose lips sink ships. Why would anyone want to be aligned with him? What were Francesca and Kristina thinking? If you want to make a bold move you have to get someone who's not a psycho on your side first. Rob is sitting there pretty safe for at least the next two votes. Phillip and Kristina have to be the next two to go from that tribe right? Why would anyone want to trust them at this point?

Solid first tribal. I loved Rob laying out the vote and then making sure no idiot screwed him over this time around. Phillip's self destruction was a sight to see. I loved him asking Kristina for the idol. Her fate looks pretty sealed at this point. How can she try to paint Rob as a sneaky guy who needs to be taken out when she had the idol and the rest of the tribe didn't know about it? Whenever this tribe goes to Tribal Council again it pretty much has to be a 3-3 split against Kristina and Phillip. Flush her idol.

I have high hopes for this season.

Great first episode. A lot of it played out like I thought it would. I figured Rob was likely to be embraced by his tribe and as a fan I approve of that. Really interested to see how long Russell manages to stay in the game.

I liked the immunity challenge. Russell's tribe having one extra man certainly helped them but it was great to see Boston Rob's tribe at least make it a lot closer then it looked like it would be.

Phillip was a character. Seriously, your big bold move consists of you telling everyone that you are a former Federal Agent? Really? Tuesday night on Jimmy Fallon's show Probst said they couldn't even verify that he was a former federal agent. That being said, he's still an idiot. When will people learn? It is a simple Survivor rule. Loose lips sink ships. Why would anyone want to be aligned with him? What were Francesca and Kristina thinking? If you want to make a bold move you have to get someone who's not a psycho on your side first. Rob is sitting there pretty safe for at least the next two votes. Phillip and Kristina have to be the next two to go from that tribe right? Why would anyone want to trust them at this point?

Solid first tribal. I loved Rob laying out the vote and then making sure no idiot screwed him over this time around. Phillip's self destruction was a sight to see. I loved him asking Kristina for the idol. Her fate looks pretty sealed at this point. How can she try to paint Rob as a sneaky guy who needs to be taken out when she had the idol and the rest of the tribe didn't know about it? Whenever this tribe goes to Tribal Council again it pretty much has to be a 3-3 split against Kristina and Phillip. Flush her idol.

I have high hopes for this season.

I agree it was a great first episode, although they could have given some more people air time. I hope we won't have many wall flowers again this time. I did like Fransesca, she comes across as pretty smart, but she just walked into the wrong alliance. If I was Kristina I would have just told Fransesca and not even go for Rob, 'cause it was clear from the start people wanted Rob to stay around. I also loved Rob asking for the idol and for a second it looked like she would give it but Kristina isn't that dumb. Philip is hilarious and him just spilling the beans was awesome and it's all because Fransesca fucked up.

I like that they aren't giving Rob and especially Russell a lot of camera time. Obviously they are "special" but they shouldn't stand in the way of us getting to know the other contestants. Next week might be hilarious when Russell deals with the hillbilly. I actually thought the hillbilly would blindly follow Russell but I guess not.

They might make it to the merge, with Rob having the biggest chance, but they won't even come near winning. David and the soldier will go far. It's also pretty funny how they built it up as Russell vs. Rob version 2, but 1) they praise each other the whole time in those videos and want to make an alliance and 2) they might never face.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Some of Francesca's promos were painting her out to be the typical Survivor "angry black woman." I am glad that they didn't edit her that way. She would have been an interesting character to have around but she just wasn't smart. She didn't align herself with the right people and if you're going to call out Rob and Russsell before they've joined the tribes you sure has hell better do something big to get rid of them right away. Amateur mistake.

As for those videos, I think there is very little chance that Boston Rob and Russel team up. Unless they find someone who just latches on the two of them and they convince him/her that going up against the two of them in front of the jury would guarantee them a Million. Even in that scenario I just don't think there is any way Rob aligns himself with Russell. I don't think there is any need for it. With the way his tribe embraced him there is a chance he can find people who will take him to the end. I seriously think if he gets to that far a jury will give him the money.

Good (not great) first episode. Everyone is raving about how this season is better than last season, and I legitimately liked last season, so let's hope it lives up to the hype. I really get uncomfortable around social ineptness, so watching this first episode with Phillip was almost unbearable (in a good way). I was constantly laughing at how stupid he was...

Pretty good season opener, better then last seasons first episode. I highly enjoyend last season if not for Marty, then for watching Fabio start off as a boy on the island and coming full circle in the final few episodes to becoming a man in a sense. That tribal conucil couldn't have been any better drama wise, I know Jeff & crew where just loving that "Federal Agent"'s melt down, cause it made for some great television! Boston Rob's comment well casting his vote was classic, "I love playing with you amatures.. you make it so easy.

The challenge was nothing to write home about, although it really just showed how much the newbies really don't know what they are doing (Russell saving the day was priceless). Speaking of Russell, odds are its not going to happen, but I hope he comes full circle this season and finds his "Redemption" ala Rob in Heroes Vs Villians, but thats just the fact that I'm probably the only person in the world whom actually likes the Devil himself more then Boston Rob. It should be an interesting, and entertaining season and hopefully both Rob and Russell can find some kind of closure during the course of this season and bring there "story arcs" to an end. But maybe thats because I'd like to have Marty and Jane return for next season and battle it out on the island again, lol.

Can't wait for next week!

Good (not great) first episode. Everyone is raving about how this season is better than last season, and I legitimately liked last season, so let's hope it lives up to the hype. I really get uncomfortable around social ineptness, so watching this first episode with Phillip was almost unbearable (in a good way). I was constantly laughing at how stupid he was...

Probst didn't really hype up last season. He's been doing that a lot for this season.

While they didn't really make Rob and Russell the focal points of the episode it is interesting to note that they edited the challenge in a way that made Russell seem as important to his tribe as Rob usually is in challenges (especially puzzle related stuff). This TV.com writer who was there for the first 3 days says David led the team during the challenge and was one of the people actively trying to get rid of Russell.

If that article is 100% legit, I woulda sold my soul to be at the tribial concuil. Wacky off the wall characters like that totally make life worth living of, and I'll stand by comment before that even if Jeff was "exhausted", I know he was licking his chops for those entire two+ hours.. Federal Agent Philip is going to be great comic relief this season, if Rob and company choose to keep him around.

If that article is 100% legit, I woulda sold my soul to be at the tribial concuil. Wacky off the wall characters like that totally make life worth living of, and I'll stand by comment before that even if Jeff was "exhausted", I know he was licking his chops for those entire two+ hours.. Federal Agent Philip is going to be great comic relief this season, if Rob and company choose to keep him around.

Article is legitimate. TV.com is a CBS entity. They allow some entertainment reporters to go there for the first 3 days and observe. It happens every season. Dalton Ross from Entertainment Weekly usually has great behind the scenes stuff on his blog at the start of every season. Some of them get exclusive interviews with the cast. The reporters are not allowed to talk about what they saw out there until the episode airs though. Dalton Ross had this great article on Stephanie's shoulder injury in Heroes vs Villains.

Probst didn't really hype up last season. He's been doing that a lot for this season.

While they didn't really make Rob and Russell the focal points of the episode it is interesting to note that they edited the challenge in a way that made Russell seem as important to his tribe as Rob usually is in challenges (especially puzzle related stuff). This TV.com writer who was there for the first 3 days says David led the team during the challenge and was one of the people actively trying to get rid of Russell.

Just like they edited the show to make it look like Russell fooled Tyson into voting for Parvati.

They did show David giving directions and I think Probst even mentioned it quickly but during the challenge Russell was screaming (they might have edited that in) and Probst was yelling that Russell was trying to lead the puzzle, bla bla. They are just very desperate for Rob and Russell to do well this season, because A) they brought them back for an epic "duel" and B) ratings.

Also, the fact they didn't put the spotlight on David could mean several things. He might win the friggin' show (and they don't like highlighting the future winner too much at the start usually). It might also mean he won't go after Russell in the next few episodes despite wanting to at the start. Maybe I'm reading too much into this edit.

Edited by The Quasi Juice

Good episode but not great. Certainly not as good as last week but there was enough there. Rob doing what he does is fantastic. He's a quote machine. Absolutely loved Ralph finding the immunity idol before Russell. Really looking forward to that battle developing. Was Rob's decision to vote out Matt the smartest one? Maybe not but like it or not he did show that he does have control of his tribe. Will he succeed in talking Andrea off the ledge? Not that he really needs her at the moment but I want to see how the group explains the vote to Andrea. Don't really see Kristina and Andrea teaming together to plot something big.

Phil is absolutely nuts. I really want to know where they found him. I want to see Zapatera lose an immunity challenge to see if they make a move against Russell.

Loving the hillbilly show down, and I'm actually getting some Cao Boi, Yau Man, likeable sort of guy vibes from Ralph. I really reaaaaaally hope he can keep his mouth shut about the idol for just a little bit, so he doesn't give Russhole the necessary leverage to boot him. He stirred up the shit with the idol clue call out, and that's amazing because he painted Russel as a giant douche, but he needs to slow play now.

The majority of his tribe that we've heard from wants to slit the little troll's throat, so Ralph really doesn't need to play the "I got the idol" card to get him eliminated.

But I like him so it's odds on that he brags when he doesn't have to and bites the bullet, especially considering Russ' Dumb Girl #1 hailing "THE GREATEST BLINDSIDE IN HISTORY!"

Seeing as this is the last season we'll see Russ I really want him to be voted off early, at the hands of Ralph, David, The Silver Fox, or Army Boy. Each of whom has the potential to be very enjoyable if they get actual screentime.

It must be bullshit that we'll see "the biggest blindside in history!!!" because Russell A) doesn't have numbers and B) doesn't have the idol. Unless he actually finds the idol Ralph found, 'cause we only saw him put it back in the same place, he might think it's a good hiding place which would be ridiculous but still, could happen. Ralph seems to have brains and I would love for him to outsmart Russell and start running the game. Loving the season so far, good characters, Rob is entertaining once again and is doing great. Philip is fuckin' hilarious.