2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

That call was hysterical. The umpire obviously just wanted to get out of there and decided that any close call would be ruled safe.

Seriously, come on MLB, just add a replay system. It should be like the NFL where each manager gets a challenge or two. You can still keep your "human element" with balls/strikes.

What's even worse was that I had to work that game.

Six hour plus games are tedious and mentally draining, but that was on it's way to being a classic. And to have it end like that is just awful.

Sure the Pirates could have lost on the next batter or the next inning, but at least put the game in the hands of the players. Unreal.

Also, Braves fans only know how to do two things: the Tomahawk Chop and Boo. Holy fuck did they whine about every fucking thing.

Beltran to the Giants looks like it is almost done. Word going around is that the Mets got Wheeler in the deal who is supposed to be a highly regarded pitching prospect.

Also, Ervin Santana has a no-hitter through 7 right now but for whatever reason MLB Network is blacked out for me right now.

Beltran to the Giants looks like it is almost done. Word going around is that the Mets got Wheeler in the deal who is supposed to be a highly regarded pitching prospect.

Also, Ervin Santana has a no-hitter through 7 right now but for whatever reason MLB Network is blacked out for me right now.

Aren't you an Angels fan? I'm watching the game on MLB network so that's odd.

Aren't you an Angels fan? I'm watching the game on MLB network so that's odd.

Yes I am. I had MLB Network on about half an hour ago and it was working just fine but right now it is giving me one of those DirecTV blacked out messages.

Edit: Luckily ESPN will be showing the 9th inning.

Edited by sahyder1

Big Blue Jays Trade.

Colby Rasmus is a big upgrade in center, while Travis Snider can now move into the left field spot full time with Rajai Davis getting spot duty in both positions. At only 24, Rasmus will be a big help now and in the future. Moving Dotel and Corey Patterson is typical Anthopoulos, bringing in veterans and allowing them to play, then getting value from them.

It is odd to see Jason Frasor traded to Chicago for Mark Teahan. Frasor just recently became the pitcher with the most appearances in team history.

I can't believe the Pirates are above .500 and competing for the NL Central with a lineup this awful.

Their pitching staff looks even better when you realize how awful their hitters are. Pitching coach Ray Searage is the team MVP easily.

Andrew McCutchen is going to be a superstar. And Garrett Jones and Neil Walker are decent protection guys around him. What the Pirates really need is to get Pedro Alvarez going cause I think that guy can hit and it's only a matter of time before he does it. And if they can trade for a middle of the road outfielder like a Josh Willingham or Ryan Ludwick they can stay close in a weak division I think. It's a good story none the less and I am pulling for them.

Hideki Irabu apparently committed suicide. If you don't remember him, he was the Japanese "superstar" that the Yankees signed for a ton of money about 15 years ago and was essentially a bust. Steinbrenner once called him a "fat toad" and he was known in these parts as Hideki I-Rob-You because he never lived up to expectations.