2011 MLB Season

sahyder1

I was extremely pumped to see the Rangers win today. I can't believe it went only four games, the Rays played us just about as hard as any four game series has gone. The last four-five innings of each game 3 and game 4 were the kind where both teams sit on the edge of their seat crapping their pants because it could go either way.

Congrats Rays, you took full advantage of a terrible Red Sox collapse and I wouldn't have been surprised at all if you swept us off and sent us back to Texas.

Now we get to sit back and wait for the Tigers and Yankees to beat the crap out of each other Thursday night. Unfortunately each team will have their starter rested for Saturday's start, but I'd rather have the other team's A-game than win cheaply.

I'd actually rather the Rangers see the Yankees in the postseason, we beat them last year and I think would have an easier time with them than the Tigers. Hopefully Michael Young and Nelson Cruz will remember how to get postseason hits, because right now Beltre and Napoli are on fire.

I'm very glad the Yankees won, obviously.

Also, congrats to the Rangers. I was hoping the Rays would've won because I love their young team coming in and winning in the playoffs, but it's great to see the Rangers moving on. I really like them. The Rangers are an excellent team that deserve to move on to the next round.

Chicago Cubs have asked permission to talk to Red Sox GM Theo Epstein, according to Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe.

Red Sox coaching candidates: Joe Torre, Tony La Russa, Bobby Valentine, Dave Martinez, Pete Mackanin, and Sandy Alomar Jr.

The past week of baseball has been as exciting as I can remember. Now I'm hoping to see the Yankees take the series tonight. It's asking a lot from Nova to win an elimination game in his rookie year, but he hasn't given me any reason to not have faith that he'll be alright.

Also, it seems like A-Rod's bat started heating up midway through the last game. If he gets hot, like he was in '09, it will be bad news for Texas (that is if they get past Detroit tonight). But it seems you never know with A-Rod...if he gets out two times in a row it's like he mentally gives up on himself. Anyway, hopefully Tex wakes up from the playoff slumber he's been in as well. Tex is probably thankful that A-Rod exists because nobody seems to notice how dreadful he's been in the playoffs since he's arrived. I just feel if they want to beat Texas they're going to need 3 of their big 4 hitters clicking (Grandy/Cano/Rodriguez/Tex) because the Rangers will put up numbers against guys like Garcia and Big Game Burnett.

Obviously it all means nothing if they don't get past Detroit tonight though. I think the Yankees are the favorite here, but I wouldn't be too surprised if Detroit takes it. Should be great...I can't wait for tonight and then more exciting Game 5s tomorrow!

I can't wait for tonight and then more exciting Game 5s tomorrow!

I, on the other hand, am stressing. I hate that I get this way about sports. Nova has done so well for us all season, I can't but feel this may be the night where he blows it. I'm trying to be positive, but I'm just really not feeling it. At least they're home. If the Yanks get ahead early, they should be alright.