The EWB PS3 FIFA 11 Tournament

TCO

That didn't exactly go to plan as I was out - I would say that I'd get on tonight, but it's likely to be the case again.

I will be free most of the day Saturday though, so we'll play in between my WipEout session with some of the others.

TCO won both legs, 2-1 and 3-1 respectively.

He deserved to go through, but every single goal came via typical FIFA goals, for both of us - either a save off the keeper, shocking AI, or a lay off from one forward to the other. If there was a decent goal in the bunch, I suppose it was his first in the first leg, but that was a cross from inside the area onto Messi's head, which is just like a drag-back as it always ends up with the same result, no matter how tall the defender is. shifty.gif

Well done though - I hope you do well in the final.

Yeah they were good games.

I thought one of my goals inthe 2nd game was fairly decent though, the defence splitting pass by Xavi! You were horribly unlucky with the winner in the first game, the ball bouncing off the post then off Cech and in. It changed the outlook of the tie completley with you having to attack from the off to stand a chance.

Happy with my defending though, felt I denied a lot of chances with my anticipatioon.

Good games though, looking forward to playing you again.

Yet again it's me up against Bluebirds in the final, I hope I have better luck this time though.

TCO, Bluebirds wants to play the final now - you available?

EDIT: Oh, and that Xavi pass was nice, but then it was one of those situations where you either lay it off to the other forward, who ALWAYS gets in front of the defender or you shoot and either score, or it bounces back to the other forwards. Both of those things happened during that game. shifty.gif

Barcelona 1-2 Man Utd (AET)

Bluebirds wins again. It was a fair result but I can't help but feel annoyed. Messi missed an open goal with a free header and I hit the post with Xavi from a free in normal time. The winner then came when Abidal instead of clearing a poor cross when he had bag loads of time, calmly passes to Berbatov who taps it in.

Gutted to lose it that way but Bluebirds is really good, so glad to lose it to him if I have to lose to anybody.

No problem, deserved winner.

Anybody who wants to, feel free to organise the next one, I'll step down as organiser until the 3rd one if there should be one. There'll be some debating about the teams, but I don't care what teams we use as long as we're not constricted to choosing one particular league, international teams fair enough, but not a single league.

The team selection order is as follows too

1. The Boss
  2. Captain Kirk
  3. Baddar
  4. Summers
  5. The Cool One
  6. Bluebirds

I think 4.5 star teams should be kosher too and with the worst picking first it'll lower the gulf in class between players too.

I just hope Ireland drop to me, they're the only non-5 star international team I use on a regular basis despite them being quite poor.

Seeing as everyone showed fuck all collective initiative, I'll organise the next one too. We're selecting from 4.5 Star and below International teams. The Boos, being the worst player in the last Tournament selects his team first and so forth. Any international team can be selected as long as their overall rating is not 5 Stars.

Draft Order

1. The Boss

2. Captain Kirk

3. Baddar

4. Summers

5. The Cool One

6. Bluebirds

EDIT: The result of the past tournament is now available in the first post, in full. If anyone cares.

Edited by The Cool One