The EWB PS3 FIFA 11 Tournament

TCO

League 1 is too limiting teams wise. Go by stars, not sure what League 1 teams are but we can do it with those star levels.

Barcelona 1-1 Man Utd

David Villa 10 - Puyol OG 12

Man Utd 0-1 Barcelona 1

---------- Messi 90

Group A now finished

Group A

P     W     D     L     F     A     GD     PTS

Barcelona      4     2     2     0     7     3     +4     8

Man Utd        4     2     1     1     7     3     +4     7

-----------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid    4     0     1     3     3     11    -8     1

Results

Set 1

Barcelona 3-0 Real Madrid

Real Madrid 1-3 Man Utd

Set 2

Man Utd 1-1 Barcelona

Real Madrid 2-2 Barcelona

Set 3

Man Utd 3-0 Real Madrid

Barcelona 1-0 Man Utd

Yeah but finding 6 teams in League 1 on a level playing field is tough. By all means pick a League 1 team but sticking to a league with lopsided teams is restricting in my eyes.

Edited by The Cool One

I didn't want to put Arsenal in, I was told to. We can take a vote on it once this is done but it'd be better for everyone if we're allowed select any 2-2.5 star team in the world, more fun that way.

Next time around we'll be picking our teams with the worst performing player getting first choice and so forth, ala NFL Draft.

Really don't care which teams we use - but going lower than the Championship level is a bit meh. For all the complaining about teams now, it could be just the same with lower league teams.

"My team had no pace and my strikers couldn't finish for shit, else I would've won that game..." - it really doesn't matter. It's just a bit of fun.

I would certainly want my team to be Inter, not Arsenal, but it was decided before I could even vote on the matter... It still wouldn't make a difference, since I really suck at FIFA, and would lose either way, just sayin'.

As for the next tournament, please no choosing teams from 1 league only. Let's go by stars, or let's pick national sides, whatever, just not one league - I'm from Poland for example and don't know too much about League 1, so it wouldn't be too much fun playing with a team of unknowns.

So as I said, Let's go with 3 stars maximum, or a World Cup of sorts with national teams. Who's with me? :)

Man City 4 - 1 Arsenal

Closer game than the scoreline reflects. The last goal came at the death, too.

My opener was lucky, then Boss came right back and equalised. He started much brighter, but I had the luck with me. The second half I woke up a bit more, too.

Gonna play Baddar in about 7 minutes, then we'll be finished.

Final group game.

Man City 2 - 0 Chelsea.

I scored in the 87th and the 89th minute. Santa Cruz dropped his shoulders, raced beyond the defenders and slipped it past Cech. The second Milner had the ball wide left, pushed it towards the touchline - ran onto his own ball smashed a left footed cross towards goal, Tevez races in with a header right in front of the keeper. Very surprised by the result - was happy with a draw and was focusing on not conceding from around 75 minutes.

& lol, Baddar is correct. Torres was playing like real life Chelsea Torres and scuffed everything wide.

Group B

P     W     D     L     F     A     GD     PTS

Man City             4     3     0     1     8     3     +5     9

Chelsea              4     3     0     1     6     3     +3     9

-----------------------------------------------------------

Arsenal              4     0     0     4     3     11    -8     1

Results

Set 1

Arsenal 0-3 Chelsea

Chelsea 1-0 Man City

Set 2

Man City 2-1 Arsenal