Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Black Majik

Debut trailer, featuring four of the twelve characters.

The other eight have leaked already:

Doctor Strange, Frank West, Iron Fist, Nemesis, Nova, Phoenix Wright, Rocket Raccoon and Vergil

GAMEPLAY OVERVIEW

The epic rematch looms in the distance as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prepares to take the battle to all-new heights. With new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, 48 characters on disc, a refined fighting system and new modes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the Capcom fighting game legacy when it releases this November for the low MSRP of $39.99.

FEATURES

• The Ultimate Roster – Twelve new legends from Marvel and Capcom join the fray, bringing the roster of characters on the disc up to 48, and a total of 50 with DLC.

• More Legends – : Includes some of the most iconic and celebrated characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes, including Strider and Firebrand from the Capcom side and Ghost Rider and Hawkeye from the Marvel universe.

• Newly Balanced – Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 offers re-balanced gameplay that will provide accessible depth for both newcomers and pros alike.

• Enhanced Modes – After many fan requests, Spectator mode is now available as part of an overall improved online experience along with other new modes and enhancements.

•Low Price – The ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom experience can be had at a low MSRP of $39.99.

I feel bad for the people that paid 60 for the first game then..unless there is a huge difference in someway.

Just to compare, the Jill and Shuma DLC costs $5 each in the original game (so $10 for two characters), then an extra dollar for every event you get which is one of the few modes in the original game, with there being around... fifteen events, maybe? In this you're getting 12 characters, new modes and additions, specator mode, eight new stages (another problem with the original, it only had around eight to begin with), better online hosting and apparently improved gameplay altogether, with balance changes and move fixes for $40. Would rather pay that for a disc than everything seperately in the form of DLC for what would probably total up to more and rape my harddrive space.

Capcoms done it before so many times with so many other games, I don't care anymore and just want the upgraded version of one of my favourite games of the year thus far.

... I think I'm just convincing myself "Hey, I wasn't ripped off in the slightest.", reading back, but eh, I don't mind that much. Spent $60 on MVC3, played it for a solid few months, so I guess it was worth it.

Edited by Black Majik

Not generally a huge beat-em-up fan and I was terribly bad at Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, so I was only going to get it when it was cheap in price... but Hawkeye? Rocket Racoon? Doctor Strange? IRON FUCKING FIST?! I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!

• 1 month later...

I was thinking of this Virgil:

virgil.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The moment we've all been waiting for (or not) has finally arrived.

Phoenix Wright's reveal trailer is here!

I have to say, his "guilty" hyper combo and Deadpool's energy bar hyper combo are probably the greatest things I've ever seen in a fighting game. Ever.

Oh, and Nova's reveal trailer is also here.