Survivor: South Pacific

GoGo Yubari

Yeah, I'm really interested in that season concept. Could add a new layer of gameplay if you're doing it like that from the start.

And Rob C.'s post-boot podcast with Stacey is one of the best ones of those he's ever done.

This season continues to be really good. The dynamic between Albert and Coach on this last episode was especially good with both vying to have their backup plan in the six. Albert says it was for the challenges, but you know it's because he knows Coach has Edna in his back pocket and he thought he could do the same with Makayla.

Rather disappointed in Makayla for the way she was talked up before the season, really didn't do much of anything. Though I am glad someone is going to RI who can give Christina a run for her money.

Ozzy was all over the board in this episode. Admitting to everyone he had the idol when he was plannng on splitting from them, really?

I have enjoyed this season far more than last season's RI so far, and I am more pleased with the decision to bring Coach and Ozzy back than I thought I would be.

That was such an amazingly bad move. Of course, Jeff Probst loves it because Jeff Probst is an imbecile. Rob Cesternino's outright contempt for it on Twitter is hysterical.

Also hysterical; Sophie's palpable boredom at having to sit through Jack and Jill. Poor Sophie.

I mean if it works and the other tribe does fall for the whole "Cochran is an evil genius that found the idol and got rid of Ozzy" then that puts Coachran in a good spot since he still DOES have the idol and could possibly jump over because his chances at winning in the current pecking order is not very likely. But I don't see how this benefits Ozzy either way, if they sent Cochran and he lost, Christine would've still jumped over to his tribe since there is no way in hell she would go back on Coach's side.

Worst move ever.

Anytime somebody asks to get voted off is dumb. Considering that the vote after the merge when tribes are equal is integral and the tribe who wins immunity has a better chance statistically of not drawing a purple rock and therefore can convince somebody on the bottom of an alliance to flip over. Ozzy, being dominate in challenges, is probably better to have around than guy like Cochran. Also consider that Cochran is so clearly in the bottom of his alliance and so clearly an outcast whereas Ozzy (minus Elyse boot) is so clearly invested in the success of his tribe. Also consider that Christine is most likely going to join up with Savaii as she hates Upolo.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb. It's going to bite them in the ass.

Cochran falling ass backwards into a power position tickles me. I've heard people on other boards react with lots of anger to him over his misogyny and what they describe as a general uselessness but right now? The guy is set.

Some argue the second Ozzy loses or the merge is delayed, Cochran gets his ass booted. I somehow doubt it. He HAS the idol. They know he has it. Dumping the idol would be an awful move in their situation.

I think either way this turns out Cochran has the leverage he needs to further himself in the game. He's by no means exhibiting any signs of being a great strategic player yet, but he's clearly smart enough not to hand Ozzy the idol if he comes back.

Still scratching my head over Jim resisting the idea of Ozzy going. It's Ozzy's idea. If it backfires and the merge is delayed? Cochran is the first target, not you. Cochran has the idol and you're his only close strategic ally. You have precious time to establish the alliance to end Ozzymania.

If Ozzy goes home? You're not the most immediate physical threat from a glance. You can pull Christine. You inherit Ozzy's alliance.

It's win win for Jim. I expected a look of disbelief and a giddy interview.

Though in fairness he played it brilliantly immediately passing the buck "What do you think about the idea Cochran?" Smooth Operator, our Jim.

Coach praying for guidance to find the idol he has in his back pocket? Jackass.

I hope Brandon ends up betraying him.

Yeah, I was feeling Coach up until this episode. Something today about Sophie's confessional struck me as important. Her calling Coach out on the hypocritical prayer definitely seems like it's important - either in terms of Sophie's jury question OR Sophie's jury performance. Just a guess.

Wow what an episode, just saw it now. Ozzy is obviously mainly doing this for the fame, but it sure is history in the making. Why did he give Cochran the idol though? Why give the guy you all just shat on the idol until Ozzy comes back? Just give it to Keith or Whitney. Also, why did Coach suddenly turn into a hardcore "believer"? Anyway, looking forward to next week big time.

Also, why did Coach suddenly turn into a hardcore "believer"?

Because he's Coach. I bet he saw Matt Elrod in RI and was like "yeah, I can take that and make it my thing this season," especially after having basically everything he did in his first two seasons imitated by Philip in the same season except made even weirder. The funny thing is it's made him more of a villain in my eyes than anything he's done before.

You know, I think people are going to say Cochran's move was dumb, but I actually think it was a good decision. He was treated like shit by his allies, he was so clearly on the outs, and was going to be voted off the last tribal had it not been for Ozzy's plan. He goes from being 6 out of 6 to being in an unknown position (probably near the bottom) out of 7.

Also, Probst when describing Purple Rock scenario seemed to indicate that the only people who wouldn't pull rocks were the people who received votes. Weird. I was under the impression after Marq that anybody who was Immune didn't pull a purple rock.

I disagree, but I understand why he did it since he was treated like garbage by his own tribe except for Dawn and maybe Jim and god, fuck drawing rocks. The problem is by making it he's cost himself the game; who the fuck is he going to beat in Final 3? Brandon and Rick? He was bottom of the totem pole on Savaii for sure but he jumped the gun on shaking up the game and now he's in the single worst position of anyone. All Cochran has done is made it so he can run deeper into the game, but he's officially not playing to win anymore in my mind.

That's the thing though, Gogo. He CAN beat Brandon and Rick at the finals.

Given enough time and enough rope? Albert will either hang himself strategicly or destroy Coach.

If the Upolu 6 + Cochran pick Savaii off? Cochran has the chance granted it is a small one, but he has the chance to slip into a slot when the Mega Powers explode.

If they don't and fracture the next episode or so? Well.... That's not ideal for him.

Eventually Brandon will figure out Coach has an idol. Brandon will probably pull a Brandon Hantz. If Cochran is still alive in the game, I think he could actually use Brandon to further himself, because from what we've seen of the young Hantz he has challenge potential that Cochran just doesn't.

Amazing episode again.

Brandon already knows Coach has the idol, remember they faked finding it for him, Edna and Rick. I was very impressed by Coach again, why wasn't he like this his first 2 seasons? I love how he just completely unveiled Savaii's plan in front of Cochran and then gave him a speech about how it feels being on the outs etc which I think really rang true to Cochran. I love the move Cochran made, because I'm rooting for Coach's tribe, but I wish Cochran showed more balls. He gets treated like a little kid who can't stand up for himself. When he voted out Keith he turned around and told them he was going to explain his actions. Is he that socially stupid that he doesn't understand Jim and Ozzy don't want to hear him talk at that moment? And next week it seems like they will all yell at him, call him an idiot etc, and he just takes it. I'd just say; that's what you get for treating me like shit, now get out of my face, bye bye. Also, why would Albert suddenly shake up the game? Makes no sense, but this season has been wild so it might happen.

I think Cochran can beat Rick in the final, and Edna too. They have been wall flowers and probably won't do anything the next few episodes either. I think Brandon will prove himself to be a true competitor and he seems likeable oddly enough, and loyal. It would also be a good move for Coach to get rid of Albert first before Cochran.

Ozzy once again proves he's not a good player FYI.

why wasn't he like this his first 2 seasons?

According to Stephen Fishbach, Coach was smarter than the edit gave him credit for.

And I maintain it was a bad move. Nobody in Savaii except maybe Dawn will vote for Cochran to win over anyone, and that includes Edna and Rick and Brandon, unless they manage to piss Whitney/Jim/Ozzy off even more. Natalie White d. Russell Hantz should be proof enough that if you piss the jury members off, they're not going to reward you with the million dollars no matter whether your opponent made "big moves" or not.

I can see why Cochran did what he did, and for that fact, I am glad that he did it. He sort of stood up for himself in a way, and if nothing else he got rid of Keith who has been one of the harshest towards him. However I don't know if it was his best game move. We'll have to see how it plays out. I do think there is a chance of a Upolu implosion which Cochran could use to his advantage is he plays it right.

Ozzy is just not a very good strategist/game player. Great at challenges, decent at the social, awful at strategy. And I have to add, a horrendous actor. His thing at the Redemption Island challenge was brutal, Coach called it out, but it was painfully obvious he was lying.

I think this season could get interesting. If Jim stays in the game long enough to do something I think he can still make something happen and drive a wedge in Upolu because he seems like a legitimately strong game player.

So far this has been a really strong season, I am having a hard time finding someone that I am really pulling for as a player though. I will say right now I really like Sophie in the game.

Like someone earlier mentioned I am looking forward to next week cause I cannot imagine the strategic reasoning for Albert shaking the game up right now. I would think it makes sense to eliminate at least a player or two from Savaii before even considering that.