TEW05 Real World Update: October 2011

Ring of Honor officials are excited to announce that over the weekend in Louisville, TJ Perkins officially signed his name to an ROH contract. This young veteran has traveled the world to compete in Japan, the UK, Mexico, and the United States and faced the legends of the sport wherever he has gone. TJ Perkins has fought sporadically in ROH over the years, and always impressed in his various outings, most recently in competition against Davey Richards at “SoCal Showdown II” and at “Manhattan Mayhem IV” opposite El Generico, but now he can definitively call Ring of Honor home.

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/10/06/new-ring-of-honor-signing%e2%80%8f/

-Check Mexico & UK for TJ Perkins.

Abyss & Chessman are the new tag champs in AAA. Also, La Parka & Octagon supposedly turned rudo -- I'd hold off on turning them just yet, though, because according to reports they were looking trimmer than usual and AAA's ran an angle once this year where a wrestler pretended to be another wrestler and "turned" on his group (Charly Manson pretending to be El Zorro to cause problems among La Sociedad).

NJPW Notes (Possible Spoiler as its PPV results from earlier today)

- Masato Tanaka is the new IWPG Intercontinental Champion.

- Davey Richards and Rocky Romero are the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. The two should have Medium to Good experience.

- Lance Hoyt is wrestling under the name "Lance Archer"

- Ultimo Guerrero should have Japan ticked and should be under contract to NJPW. Same card position and alignment as Shinsuke Nakamura.

Edited by tougie

NJPW Notes (Possible Spoiler as its PPV results from earlier today)

- Masato Tanaka is the new IWPG Intercontinental Champion.

- Davey Richards and Rocky Romero are the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. The two should have Medium to Good experience.

- Lance Hoyt is wrestling under the name "Lance Archer"

- Ultimo Guerrero should have Japan ticked and should be under contract to NJPW. Same card position and alignment as Shinsuke Nakamura.

- I'd give Richards & Romero at least Good to Maximum Experience. They were former ROH Tag Champs as well several years ago.

- Add Road Dogg to WWE as a Road Agent.

Edited by ThTmp4

And don't give Ultimo Guerrero the same push as Nakamura. Shinsuke is a Main Event player in New Japan, Guerrero just a guest. Make him Midcarder at the most.

It's not unusual for Midcarders to tag with Main Event guys in Japan ... even on PPV's.

EDIT: I just saw that Dolph Ziggler's Selling MUST be raised a lot. The guy is one of the best sellers in WWE these days. He should be at least on a B level if not higher.

Edited by JonathanYork

- Former WWE writer and Ring of Honor director Dave Lagana announced on his website today that he has signed with TNA. Here is part of his statement:

"I leave Ring of Honor Wrestling to tackle new challenges. I've accepted a position as Director of Creative Writing with TNA Wrestling. My duties will be to focus solely on the development of new wrestling shows beyond the Impact Wrestling show. I'm excited to see what the future holds and thank everyone for the support over not only the last nine months of this site but through my entire career."

Add Dave Lagana to TNA as a Backstage Worker?

Abyss & Chessman are the new tag champs in AAA. Also, La Parka & Octagon supposedly turned rudo -- I'd hold off on turning them just yet, though, because according to reports they were looking trimmer than usual and AAA's ran an angle once this year where a wrestler pretended to be another wrestler and "turned" on his group (Charly Manson pretending to be El Zorro to cause problems among La Sociedad).

OK, yeah, it was the "real" La Parka and Octagon, so turn them heel.

Gail Kim is finished with WWE, “I’ve experienced WWE twice now, and I know that I do not enjoy that place,” said the Kim in an interview with Sun Sports.

Kim requested her release on August 5th, but WWE didn’t grant her request, thus she sat out until her contract expired at the end of September. “Johnny (Laurinaitis) said ‘I’ll have to get clearance for you to quit, it shouldn’t be a problem.’ Of course it was a problem, and they didn’t want me to work anywhere else, so I had to stay at home.”

Regarding TNA, Kim commented, “I’m not retiring from wrestling, I can say that. I always said – I said it in my last interview with TNA on a Knockout’s DVD – that I always felt like I would return there one day. I’d love to finish up my career there.”

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/10/15/gail-kim-says-she-is-done-with-wwe/

-Probably could add Strong Dislike or Hatred between Gail Kim & Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon (?) and Paul Levesque (?). Atleast?

This Sunday, Oct 16th (7pm Bellime) NWA World Class Wrestling returns to The Brownsville Parks & Rec Center, on 1338 E 8th St.

Featured on Sunday will be two World Titles as Adam Pearce will defend his NWA World Title and “Modern Day Hero” Kevin Douglas will defend his newly won World Junior Heavyweight Title. Also appearing as guest referee will be former WWE Intercontinental Champ, former WWE Tag Team Champ, WWE Hall Of Famer, “Master Of The Figure Four Leglock” – Greg “The Hammer” Valentine.

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/10/15/wwe-hall-of-famer-to-officiate-nwa-title-match/

Put Referee to Rarely for Greg Valentine's roles?

Something hot is coming for the European Wrestling in 2012!

Over last few months the management of Nu-Wrestling Evolution (NWE) and International Pro Wrestling United Kingdom (IPW:UK)have held countless meetings with one goal in mind: to put together an event which showcases the very best European talent alongside American Superstars whom many fans will not have had the chance to see perform live before.

On April 28th 2012, at the splendid TROXY ARENA in London, the dream that the two groups have been working toward will become a reality. As for the first time ever the biggest federation in Europe today, NWE will join with Europe’s most exciting promotion IPW:UK to present a night of pro wrestling action that fans from around the world will be talking about for a long time to come.

Tickets for this ground breaking event go on sale on: Friday 21st October at 9am via www.ticktetline.co.uk

or straight from Troxy Arena.

We can also today exclusively announce that the first two names confirmed for this event are: CARLOS COLON, known by fans around the world as CARLITO and the man whom many tout to be the best wrestler in the world: DAVEY RICHARDS. This is just the tip of the iceberg as over the coming weeks and months we will reveal the rest of the roster for what promises to be the most important show on UK soil in a long time!

This partnership really is a dream match as NWE will be bringing their years of experience in promoting major league events, with huge stars and spectacular production and combining this with IPW:UK’s knowledge of the UK scene and drive to deliver the best pro wrestling ever seen on these shores. Making Saturday 28th April a date that you don’t want to forget!

So mark the date down in your diaries as April 28th the Troxy will witness the beginning of a revolution, the 2012: REVOLUTION!

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/10/14/carlito-headed-to-the-uk/

This happens in 2012 but you could check UK for Carlos Colon, Jr.

Velvet Sky is the new TNA Knockouts Champion.

Turn Hulk Hogan face.

TNA Spoilers for this Thursday

James Storm is the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Add Gail Kim to TNA, no idea on a role yet (She is alligned with Karen Jarrett).

Edited by xXEdgeXx