Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see this current Germany team beating the Czech Republic, they'll get a draw out of them, and sneak through on 3 points.  If Holland lose to the Czech.

I wouldend be so shure about that one, you saw the can do better a few days ago, it´s not that germany is annywear a Cup winner team but i can see them pulling one ore two more good games against the right oponent. (Germany alwys dos bad against smal teams that are very deffensive) - I don´t think Germany is annywere near a 100% shure KO round place sinc the rebublic is pritty darn stong, but the next game will be a lot easyer for them to play in the style they usualy play so i wouldend write them of after not beating a very defensief Latvia (they, after all did not only have this one good game, the first one wassent bad either and in the qualification games they were able beat sweden, and well, able to qualify after all)

I´ed laugh so hard wen Latvia pulls a suprise on the last game day and walks to the KO games.

Now we're pretty much out of the tourney. Had we won a draw against Rosicky & Co. would've been enough but now we have to win which won't be easy especially now that the Czech know they can defend all the time and still advance to the next round.

If the Neterlands win now they still could come in 3 i think.

that would be

neterlands 4

CZP 3

Germany 2

Latvia 1

If Latvia keeps plaing that well and pulls a suprise they would have 4 Points and CZP would be behind the Netherlands and Latvia becaus they lost against both of them. Opps, no, CZP won against Latvia, me unorganised.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Hamann: Isn't he a cornerstone for Liverpool? If so Liverpool belongs in the 3rd division and not Premier League. Doesn't Germany pay him enough to actually do something during games?

He gets on well for us because he plays alongside other midfielders who actually play the ball forward. He breaks up attacks and gives it to Gerrard or Kewell, who usually launch attacks. The other German midfielders don't seem to bother with this. Says a lot that your best attacking player was your left back.

GOoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllllalalalalalalalaaaallll

1-0 Netherlands, they did not look good before :mellow:

i guss the refferes agree on not giving to manny penaltys that should be penatlys, well netherlands got the offside goal so i guss thats ok

2-0

2-1 - i feel entertained

Edited by Michael Matzat

EDIT - do you guys realise what happens if Italy win 2-0 against Bulgaria and Denmark and Sweden draw 1-1?

UEFA, in a stroke of genius, would decide the qualifier out of Denmark and Italy.... with a coin toss

Wrong....they then start to factor in things like Fair Play, counting yellow cards/fouls conceeded by each team.

Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll

2-2

the worst thing that can happen is that they go after the UEFA coifizient (qwhatever thats called in english) were they chose the team bassed on how well it did in the last Euros :/

Gooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaal

2-0 to 2-3 against a good oponent, thats how to prove a tournament winner candiate status.

Some coach is gettin serrius asskicks in the next days.

The wirrdest thing about this is that if Latvia and the Netherlands draw germany can get into the KO stages without even winning one tournament game.

Edited by Michael Matzat

Haven't had time to watch a single game today but people can now see why Czech are the team I picked to make it at least to the semis. They are excellent and I seriously need to watch this game later and see this amazing come back. I'm putting money on it that Nedved played out standing like always, or am I wrong?

I see most of the Germany game(Well parts). Latvia got cheated out hard with the awful refereeing, and the game was pretty sucky.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Guest BigDirty

By far the best game in the tournament until now. Advocaat is such an idiot, he made all the wrong substitutions.

This result is good and bad for Germany.

Bad: Czech are in superb form and might want to win all three group games.

Good: They might rest some players and not play with full energy because they're already in the next round.

OH.MY.GOD!

Holy shit I just see like highlights on interactive of the Holland game and it is AMAZING. I am a Juventus supporter so I love Nedved, and my god he played out fucking standing. I seriously can not beleive his shot from miles out that hit the bar, that was out standing. This puts the Italy/Sweeden game into second posistion.

Czech are pissing through this group and then I fear that if Italy come second, they face these guys. Not good, not good at all. Yet it'll be my two picks of the tourniment.

MIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN!

_40292221_baros_getty.jpg

What an amazing game. Credit to both teams, they both played well, and it's harsh on Holland, but I'm delighted for the Czechs, especially Milan and Vladi. Cracking goal from Baros too. I felt Nedved dived to get the Dutch player sent off, which was a shame as he was the best player on the pitch apart from that.

Hopefully Holland can go through along with the Czechs as I'd much rather watch them than the Germans in the next round.