EWB Music Review Club

RPS

Hey, so there was an attempt at an EWB Music Club a few months back and it sort of tanked after a few weeks. I decided to kick start it again with a different approach. Each week on Sunday, I'll post three albums for people to review. One will be a classic album chosen at random from acclaimedmusic.net (I'll use a random number generator to chose a record), another will be a high profile recent release and the last will be a random album. The random album will be something that is divisive or experiemental or from a new genre of music or a missed gem from the last few years. Giving people three albums to chose from will give people choice so they don't have to review an album they know they are going to hate. People are free to review all three albums, just one or none at all. I'll try my best to take from three different genres of music, so it won't necessarily be all rock or electronic or hip hop, it'll be a nice mix.

The only requirements:

• Reviews should rank the album out of 5. I'd prefer people do intervals of .5 (aka, .5, 1, 1.5, etc), but feel free to give whatever score you want, as long as it's out of 5. If it's not out of 5, I won't tally it up to it's overall score.
  • Give a brief write up somewhere between 150 words. Nothing to lengthy, just a brief why you liked it or not.
  • Respect other people's opinions and tastes and don't get upset if somebody disagrees with you.

On the first page, I'll average up the reviews for the albums and keep a running tally of the "best" albums according to EWB. Feel free to review albums from previous weeks, but don't just randomly review an album that hasn't been selected yet. If you are dying to have an album reviewed or have any suggestions, either post it or send me a message. This isn't going to be a dictatorship with me choosing music only I like. The point of the club is to find new and old music that people haven't heard before, to open people to new music and new genres and to get people talking about music. All opinions are welcomed!

Classic: Van Morrison - Astral Weeks (rock)

New: The Weeknd - Echoes of Silence (r&b)

Random: Gang Gang Dance - Eye Contact (electronic)

Anybody can review. Just come in, post your thoughts on the album and give it a score out of 5. Anybody can review any of the albums or if they hate all the albums that week they can review none of them. And this isn't going to be a big indie/rock lovefest. I'll throw some metal, jazz, polka, ambient, whatever the fuck I can think of each week.

Edited by RockPaperScissors