The Voice discussion thread

Your Mom

Finally got to watch Monday's show tonight.

Ultimately, the battles from Cee-Lo and Christina's teams were the only ones that had me interested in either performer. At this point, I can't yet back anyone from Blake or Adam's teams.

Raelynn over Adley?!? Fuck off Blake. That was all about the other girl being 17 and cutesy. Ridiculous. Raelynn sucked.

Blake did this last year too with Xenia, who he basically carried to the semi-finals because he's a softie who's really in it to mentor people more than he's in it to win. Really, really sucked for Adley.

Anthony vs. Jesse was one of the best battle rounds the show's ever had, though. Really exceptional.

I like the name "Adley Stump".

I do not like the person.

Mind you, I base that on the fact that she reminds of everything horrible about Texas and Oklahoma that I've tried so hard to escape.

And yes, Anthony and Jesse were tremendous.

Just watched this week's show. I agreed with Juliette winning (though Sarah was at a song choice disadvantage, which sucks, 'cause I like her), I'm cool with the lady who won the "No More Drama Battle" 'cause that could have legit gone either way, and I totally dig Jamar - even though I HATED to see Jamie go, as he was in a situation similar to Sarah's. I feel like Lee should have won that Nirvana battle. The rest I didn't really care for.

Cee-Lo's team still has me the most interested.

I think there was definitely some tailoring of song choices to the person the coach wanted to win. And I think Cee-Lo made a huge mistake pitting Jamar against Jamie, he should have had both go up against weaker members of his team. But Jamar is a huge contender to win. He's a singing competition triple threat; he's good-looking enough, he's very talented, and he's got a great backstory.

Officially rooting against Cee-Lo for subjecting me to another fucking round of Erin. Sorry, Jamar.

EDIT: I mean, seriously. I never, ever thought I would have been rooting for The Shields Brothers.

Officially rooting against Cee-Lo for subjecting me to another fucking round of Erin. Sorry, Jamar.

EDIT: I mean, seriously. I never, ever thought I would have been rooting for The Shields Brothers.

This x1000, I didn't mind her audition, but this song was just more of the same, and the way she sings, can't even understand anything she sings.

She was pretty shocking in that battle, actually I'd go as far as saying she was horrendous. Sure, she's got a different voice and all, but she wasn't even close to winning that battle. I do think with the right song choice she could do something pretty nice, but yeah, not a chance of winning this show, not just because she isn't as good as most of the others, but because I cant really see her being all that liked.

Very surprised Blake didn't go with Gwen, I expected her to get through to the live shows the minute she made it onto Blake's team. In fairness it was a pretty close battle, nothing really in it at all.

Probably the worst of the three battle shows so far, not bad but no massive stand outs for me. Anthony/Jesse is still by far the best battle, that was immense. Jesse is seriously outstanding, probably the best audition and then managed to have probably the best battle round performance (so far). Could really see this guy winning the entire thing, a proper talent.

Anyone watch the UK version on Saturday? Quite good I thought. Tom Jones is excellent, everything was a nice extra. It is nice to see the Coaches actually look like they want to be there though, and that they've actually got some contestants who have worked on their musical careers themselves at least a little bit. Twitter was drawing a lot of comparisons to Fame Academy that I didn't get because I never watched when it was on, but that wouldn't be a good sign since that failed for a reason. Hopefully not though as I do quite like The Voice much more than I do X Factor.

Anyone watch the UK version on Saturday? Quite good I thought. Tom Jones is excellent, everything was a nice extra. It is nice to see the Coaches actually look like they want to be there though, and that they've actually got some contestants who have worked on their musical careers themselves at least a little bit. Twitter was drawing a lot of comparisons to Fame Academy that I didn't get because I never watched when it was on, but that wouldn't be a good sign since that failed for a reason. Hopefully not though as I do quite like The Voice much more than I do X Factor.

Would certainly disagree on the Tom Jones front, already finding him quite annoying and the Elvis story was...just strange.

It's early days to be judging it but right now it feels like a massive light weight version of the US version, which is just streets ahead of this. It also feels like they've almost tried to bring in the exact same type of mentors/judges as the US version (Jones/Blake, Danny/Adam, Will/Cee, Jessie/Christina). And the biggest problem of all was that, while of course still early days, the talent doesn't feel anywhere near as good as what you'll see on the US version. Outside of the guy who did the eight mile mash up, which was pretty cool, most of the rest just felt very average.

Hey, still early days and of course I'll give it a chance and hope it improves, but early impressions aren't all that great for me.

Really liked our version of The Voice after hearing the reviews about the US version. I think the choice of judges too is spot on really, that and the fact I can watch it and feel like they are just getting judged on their vocal ability and not "Oh that person looks really good and looks like a popstar yet has an average voice, put her through" or "That person may have a good voice but urghhh look at them" that you kinda get in the X-Factor along with a few joke acts. I mean I do like the X-Factor but I just prefer being able to just listen to people sing.

Erin Willet on "Living for the City." Goddamn. I know Jermaine is going to have one of the three Blake spots sewn up but I hope she gets one of the other two.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to predict that Moses and Ashley are the two that go home for Team Christina. Jesse is a lock and I think Chris has very favorable odds of being in the top three, and then it's sort of a toss-up but I think Lindsey will get the third automatic slot. That would leave Sera, Ashley, and Moses, and of the three I think Sera has the best odds of being picked by Christina.

Blake's team is a clusterfuck. Jermaine is in, no question, and then who even knows who else? Blake is crazy, though, and I could see him saving RaeLynn if she isn't in the top three. And then I honestly don't know between Erin, Jordis, Charlotte, and Naia. Erin's got a big, strong voice and the most compelling story so I'll go with her getting one of the top three vote-getter spots, and then... ugh. I think probably Naia? I think Charlotte will be done in by the fact that people seemed to hate her hypercompetitive nature in the Lex Land battle (I didn't, I thought it was awesome and hilarious), and I just don't think Jordis stands out enough.

I'd say Lindsey is a guarntee really, unique and pretty bloody fantastic really. This girl has potential to be massive once this show is over.

Good show overall, though I didn't think there was anything incredible, which surprised me considering it was a strong lineup. Jesse was very good, but not as good as his previous two performances, though he's obviously a lock in to go through and really does have outstanding talent.

I love RaeLynn, Charlotte and Lindsey and expect them all to go through. Charlotte was best of the night for me personally, thought the arrangement was great and she did a really good job overall.

Really not too sure who will leave, the only one I'm confident about is Ashley, who wasn't too bad but I just cant see her having much of a fan base at all. Oh and Jordis...I thought that was very average, but it'd seem the judges seem to disagree.

Still don't get the Jermaine love what so ever, I'm still yet to see a great performance from him, but again it seems quite a few would disagree with that.

I actually don't love Jermaine that much but he has a powerful voice and singing show audiences gravitate towards men (see how every American Idol for the last four years has been a white guy).

Yeah, right calls all-around. I didn't realize Jordis so well on the charts, but she blew Naia and Charlotte away tonight. She was the only call I feel I was really wrong on and I'm happy to be wrong.

Moses really should have done that performance he did tonight last night. The Kanye West thing was a disaster.

I was happy with all the results tonight besides Raelynn moving on. Well I guess I wish Charlotte would have made it too but it was still good results.

Raelynn is lovely :(

Also happy with the results, bar Charlotte going home (I was way wrong on that one), but that was pretty fair considering that sing off. The only people left that I'm not overly keen on within this set are Jermaine and Chris (he could have his moments, but I just don't find him very likable). I quite like (love for Raelynn and Lindsey :wub: ) everybody else.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect