Sim City 5

Herr Matzat

Oh my! Interesting news.

I'm interested in it being an offline experience just for the hell of it, it shouldn't HAVE to be online and that pretty much proves it. The article that I was reading said that basically it wouldn't take anything at all to engineer an offline mode that would still allow you to have regions and such. The issue here as well is the fact that some executives stated that the servers are needed because a lot of calculations are being done there in regards to the game, but in actuality it's all down locally.

I've also read reports of the game being a bit broken in regards to the AI pathfinding for the little sims, it was saying that they just live in any old house and go to a different job every day. Is this true?

I've also read reports of the game being a bit broken in regards to the AI pathfinding for the little sims, it was saying that they just live in any old house and go to a different job every day. Is this true?

I think a day is a month so he might aswell have several jobs in a short spann of time.

Sim City is getting a lot of flack right now for the bad design decisions.

Firstly, you can make a massive, sprawling metropolis without zoning a single zone commercial or industrial and just making it all residential and utilities/parks.

Even more frightening; if you drop the tax rate low enough, Sims will gladly populate a heavily irradiated dump with waste high garbage and sewage and barely breathable air.

kjmsjuN.jpg

If they're cooking and slinging meth in SimCity it might explain this:

ilPrUhB9dfjvn.gif

• Like 4

Download this file:

http://localhostr.com/DHL3POuCPqTD

Place it in your SimCityData folder.

Start the game and start a city, pause and just under the X it should have a debug menu option, click that then unpause. (If this doesn't show, pause and click help centre then close out of Origin)

You should now have a menu on the right, this lets you add roads outside of city boundaries connecting them to the freeway and other stuff.

Download this file:

Start the game and start a city, pause and just under the X it should have a debug menu option, click that then unpause. (If this doesn't show, pause and click help centre then close out of Origin)

You should now have a menu on the right, this lets you add roads outside of city boundaries connecting them to the freeway and other stuff.

Be very careful. EA CSRs have come out and said anyone modding the game by poking around in config files and making changes to gamescript could have their Origin accounts banned.

Download this file:

Be very careful. EA CSRs have come out and said anyone modding the game by poking around in config files and making changes to gamescript could have their Origin accounts banned.

It's funny because Maxis people are saying on Twitter that it's fine and even helping people on Reddit mess around with it.