2012 Cycling Thread

Adam

That photographer was pretty damn stupid. They haven't said yet which Rabobank rider went down here, but it looks like he's out now. Also my dream prediction for today was for Mørkov to take the stage, but that's looking more and more unlikely now. But at least he got the polka dot jersey.

Luis Leon Sanchez was the rider who went down I THINK which is a shame as he's pretty cool.

Well he got it right with Sagan (unfortunately) but the move from Cancellara was great. Just a shame that Sagan snuck along behind him and didn't help out at all! Boassen-Hagen took a good third though and Valverde/Gilbert were both there in the top ten.

LL Sanchez, Tony Martin and Marcel Kittel were all completely done about 15 km before the finish line, probably because of injuries, I don't know if Kittel went down today, but it could seem like it. I guess this leaves out some of the previous favourites for the sprinting stages/green jersey. It was great that Mørkøv took another point on the polka dot jersey and is proving himself to be quite the rider, i don't expect him to keep it once they hit the mountains though. It wasn't the most eventfull stage today, but then again I wasn't really expecting it to be.

Nasty nasty crash. José Rojas is out after going into the barbwire. It seems Cavendish, Gilbert and Voeckler have all been dropped after the crash.

In good news Mørkøv continues to prove he is awesome. I'm really really hoping he takes the stage today right now.

The first week of the Tour is always tight. Looking at the top ten...

1 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) RadioShack-Nissan 14:45:30

2 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Sky Procycling 0:00:07

3 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Omega Pharma-Quickstep

4 Tejay Van Garderen (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:10

5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Procycling 0:00:11

6 Cadel Evans (Aus) BMC Racing Team 0:00:17

7 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas-Cannondale 0:00:18

8 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Sharp

9 Andreas Klöden (Ger) RadioShack-Nissan 0:00:19

10 Bauke Mollema (Ned) Rabobank Cycling Team 0:00:21

After a couple of mountain stages you can say goodbye to Cancellara (who'll be like 20 minutes back), Chavanel will drop back too, as will Van Garderen, Boasson Hagen might JUST be hovering around the top ten, Mollema will probably be gone. For Kloden it depends whether he's taking over the lead of the team or not. Hesjedal might well explode at some point after winning the Giro (it's nearly impossible to win Giro and perform well in Tour).

I think the first category 1 climb is what, Saturday? I reckon Cancellara will do what he can to keep the yellow jersey until then. At the same time Mørkøv will probably have to kiss the polka dot Jersey goodbye the same day.

Come on Moncoutie! Stay away and get the stage win! Last Tour de France for him this year.

Actually I remember from David Millar's autobiography that Moncoutie is like the perfectly pure and uncorruptable rider there is in pro cycling.

This tour has been fun.. Sagan showing charsima... and we have a crash! involving Cav?

Come on Moncoutie! Stay away and get the stage win! Last Tour de France for him this year.

Actually I remember from David Millar's autobiography that Moncoutie is like the perfectly pure and uncorruptable rider there is in pro cycling.

This tour has been fun.. Sagan showing charsima... and we have a crash! involving Cav?

NO!!! HE was my leader in the fantasy!!! Cav gets the same time... doesn't get me the points, though

Yeah crash will give a lot of people the same time. Gutting though as it took out my preferred sprinters and left me cheering for....I THINK it was Kittel or Veelers from Argos Shimano I was left to cheer for.

Anyway Japanese commentary team delighted because Arashiro was named the most aggressive rider of the day and wears the red number plate on his jersey tomorrow.