Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Joe Cole forced his way into the Chelsea side by playing well so SWP obviously hasnt been playing that well , otherwise he would be in there .

That's the shittest point I've ever fucking came across.

So, yeah, WP isn't good at all, because he doesn't get picked, etc, etc. :lmao:

It's all down to manager preference.

As for the banner, we're in Europe whether we come fourth or fifth (can't come lower now) which will also be our highest Premiership finish which is why we're happy and WE ARE going on a European tour! Whoooo!

Lennon's had a great season, Wright-Phillips is a great player who hasn't really (partly due to just not playing so well and partly due to lack of chances)

Joe Cole forced his way into the Chelsea side by playing well so SWP obviously hasnt been playing that well , otherwise he would be in there .

You didnt state Mourinho or Sven for that .

You didnt state Mourinho or Sven for that .

But I couldn't help but laugh at the fans who had the "We're Going On A European Tour" banner. At least wait until the final is over (or until you flop in the final game and we steal in :D) to have a banner like that, because my god will they look really stupid if you don't get it at all.

• Admin

Bolton deserved goals in the first half, we were fucking awful and Dawson kept us in it. Second half, completely different side. Barnard was a good presence, Lennon was class, as per usual, and we just looked more like a top 4 team. Wiley made some shocking decisions each way (he looks like a young Harry Redknapp :P) but in the end, it didn't matter.

Also, IMO, Lennon only turned 19. On experience alone, I'd take SWP ahead of him.

EDIT - Jol just backed Lennon for the England squad.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol backed Aaron Lennon to break into England's World Cup squad after the youngster scored the crucial goal in Sunday's 1-0 victory against Bolton Wanderers.

The 19-year-old winger struck on the hour at White Hart Lane to secure a result that saw Spurs move seven points ahead of local rivals Arsenal in the race for fourth place in the Premiership.

Lennon has been a key figure in Tottenham's transition from mid-table also-rans into Champions League hopefuls this season and Jol believes he deserves the chance to demonstrate his talents on the world stage.

"He has done very well for us. I would take him to the World Cup," the Dutchman told Sky Sports.

"Even when things are not going well, Aaron is a player who can make a difference. He has got that special habit - who else can do that?

"He can also play on the left and in the future he can play in the hole. If he picks up a ball, the defender must get the ball or he is in difficulty - that is a great asset for a club."

Edited by Messiah-Dice

But I couldn't help but laugh at the fans who had the "We're Going On A European Tour" banner. At least wait until the final is over (or until you flop in the final game and we steal in :D) to have a banner like that, because my god will they look really stupid if you don't get it at all.

A bit like when they were beating Leicester 2-0 in the FA Cup and their fans were chanting "We're going to Wem-ber-lay!"

I like Tottenham, but fuck me that was funny.

No, not really like it at all, as we ARE going into Europe. :huh:

Spurs game in doubt after illness

Spurs' crucial game at West Ham is in doubt after several of their players went down with food poisoning.

Martin Jol's side will clinch the fourth Champions League place if they win at Upton Park, although Arsenal are also still in contention.

Premier League spokesman Dan Johnson said officials are on their way to the Spurs team hotel, but that the game was still currently scheduled to go ahead.

There is expected to be a further update on the situation at 1300 BST.

Spurs would seal fourth place with a win, but they will still face an anxious wait to see if they can compete in the Champions League next season.

Even if they finish fourth, Spurs will be replaced by in the competition by Arsenal if they beat Barcelona in the Champions League final on 17 May.

Arsenal's final match Highbury, against Wigan, will go ahead - despite the two north London sides going head-to-head for a Champions League place.

Source: BBC Sport

Should be more news on the situation soon. I want the game to go ahead today, but I don't want us to be a much weakened side :ohwell:

Apparently, the "poisoned" players are:

Robinson

Dawson

Kelly

Murphy

Davenport

Barnard

Lennon

I don't know whether that's 100% true though. Either way, I'm glad the game is going ahead, it would have been unfair on teams who have played with more than 7 players out with injury this season if the game had been postponed.

Hmph :(

talkSPORT are giving pretty good coverage on the situation.

One e-mailer wrote "It's alright lads, I'm sure that Arsenal will kick the ball out of play whenever they're going to score because of your illnesses" :P

We can still win but at least winning like this will silence those whinging on about West Ham maybe not playing their full team.

No comments about this first half so far?

I'm listening to coverage on talkSPORT - they just react to the goals and go around the grounds. Man what a rollercoaster ride so far.

With Spurs losing and Arsenal winning I was praying for goals, then Wigan equalise and go ahead and Spurs equalise and I'm celebrating like a good'un. Then Arsenal equalise and I'm nervous again but we're still in 4th at the moment!