Your favourite sportsman for sports you care about

My favourite female cyclist was always Victoria Pendleton but there's a new young British lass who might usurp her in the next few years.

Favourite female tennis player was always Martina Hingis. She's a few months older than me and I started following her when she was still ranked like 150th in the world and was first mentioned in a sports magazine.

Badminton I've loved Nathan Robertson and Gail Emms in the mixed doubles. Playing a lot of badminton growing up and playing a fair amount of mixed it's great to see how they play off each other...and they're brilliant.

Weirdly, weirdly my favourite female gymnast was Lavinia Milosovici from Romania. This was at a time when it was her, a Russian lass and an American girl who all competed and split all the medals. It actually made gymnastics great to watch. Also as it was the early/mid 90s I was discovering my love of girls.

lavinia-milosovici-in-hall-of-fame-ul-gimnasticii-88433.JPG

Then she retired in her early 20s and shot nudie pics for some Japanese magazine or something. you can find the links on google if you're interested.

....Lizzie Armitstead, that's the cyclist. She's only 23. Gonna be amazing.

Football: Was gonna say Messi but I love Nigel Martyn more.

Golf: McIlroy

Tennis: Nadal

F1: Button

Cricket: Broad

Rugby Union: Matt Dawson

Also MJB's list is just awful... to the point where the Man Utd player is my favourite of the 4 he picked.

If it helps, Schmeichel's my favourite of the lot.

I said if it helps.