The EWB Tournament of Anime - Nomination Stage

GoGo Yubari

Okay, so I'm bored and have nothing better to do, so how about another tournament? I've noticed that the anime/manga geeks of EWB haven't gotten a tournament to bitch over. So here it is.

We're currently looking at a field of sixteen.

Also, the following five anime are already in because it's my tournament, dammit, so I get the right to throw some in (and most of them would likely make it in anyway)...

Cowboy Bebop

Trigun

Azumanga Daioh

Ranma 1/2

Excel Saga

So there's no point in nominating them. You all get five nominations, if you decide to be obnoxious and post more I get to choose which ones to leave out.

There are eleven spots left, so get to nominating, dammit.

EDIT: Oh, and you have until Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how bored I am, to nominate.

EDIT #2: The following two anime have already clinched spots in the tourney and no longer need any votes...

FLCL

Love Hina

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Only gonna nominate two, huh? Well, shit, at this rate I need to make nominations myself...

Rurouni Kenshin, Slayers, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Martian Successor Nadesico, and Akazukin Chacha.

Put Dragonball in there!!! :pinch: It's an Anime.. I'm not saying Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, just DB as the series.

:shuriken: Naruto, Rurouni Kenshin, FLCL, Detective Conan(Case Closed on Adult Swim), Trigun, Lupin the third, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, DNA2 ( :lol: ), Chobits, Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Outlaw Star, .hack//sign, Love Hina, and of course Big O!

Did you not read the original post or are you including a bunch of series', including two that are already in, to irk me?

Anyways, I get to pick five of your things to include.

Your selections, Mortis, will be the Dragonball series since it's the only one you showed major preference to (even thought GT and the Buu saga are both terrible), Yu Yu Hakusho, Love Hina, Lupin III, and FLCL.

The whole namek thing was long and tedious, it also seemed boring, but it was still better than Buu.

Plus, the fight of Frieza Versus Goku, blew all other fights until then out of the water... I mean it treaded new ground and all. It wasn't the fact that he went Super Saiyan that even amazes me, it was the fight itself, and how well cooridnated it looked, and just came up with new ways to make me go :o

The whole namek thing was long and tedious, it also seemed boring, but it was still better than Buu.

Plus, the fight of Frieza Versus Goku, blew all other fights until then out of the water... I mean it treaded new ground and all. It wasn't the fact that he went Super Saiyan that even amazes me, it was the fight itself, and how well cooridnated it looked, and just came up with new ways to make me go  :o

Bleh. "You have five minutes before Namek explodes!"

TEN EPISODES LATER... "Yup. Any minute now."

It was amusing initially but it got drawn out and brutal. Goku vs. Vegeta was better, shit, Vegeta vs. Zarbon I was better if just because Zarbon kicked the shit out of Vegeta and I always enjoy when people do that.

Neon Genesis Evangelion (essential)

Love Hina (essential)

Furi Kuri aka. FLCL (major cult following)

Martian Successor Nadesico (highly acclaimed, but for some reason often forgotten)

Full Metal Panic (extremely popular, despite receiving only moderate critical acclaim)

Arrrgh. I really would like to get more nominations for this because as it stands I'd have to pick five of the 1 nomination anime to throw in.

Anyways, if you're reading this and haven't nominated yet, don't bother with Love Hina or FLCL. Both of those have clinched spots.